• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DP4B and throttle/kick down bracket

Rusty knuckles

Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
Working on sticking an old edelbrock DP4B on my 383 charger and I was under the impression my factory throttle bracket would work with it. But that appears to not be the case. It doesn't fit around the manifold to where I can bolt it down. Appears to be off by at least 1/4". I'm hesitant to start grinding on my original bracket.

Is there an aftermarket one that I should be looking for? Or you guys who've made the swap, did you just modify the original.

Repros are made of most of those brackets. Buy one and bend, cut, weld until it’s what you need. Keep the original aside if desired later.

About five years ago

On my Weiand Dual Plane , had the same issue

Bracket fit fine with the Edelbrock Performer

Anyways

At the time I dont remember reproduction brackets being made , was the middle of winter , so car show season / swap was over for me in WI - Didn’t have much of a choice

Since then I now have a reproduction and an factory original

Once you grind a little , like you mentioned , and it’s mounted , you don’t see a damn thing anyways

This was on a 1971 383

https://www.megapartsusa.com/products.php?cat=200

AR Engineering has all of the neat taller brackets. Go to their website and find what you need and then go to Mancini Racing and buy the part or parts you need.

AR Engineering has all of the neat taller brackets. Go to their website and find what you need and then go to Mancini Racing and buy the part or parts you need.
Yes like this one.
IMG_0001.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back