• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drive shaft length?

Denham

Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone on a Super Bowl Sunday. I’m doing a 4 speed swap on a 67 b body. I have a 440,727,8 3/4. Does anyone know if I can use the same length driveshaft. If not what is the correct length I need. Thanks.

Does anyone know if I can use the same length driveshaft.

I would say Yes. Slip yoke should also fit. I've done basically the same swap in my 67 Belvedere, and the driveshaft is one of the few original parts left in the driveline.

Need to know Dodge or Plymouth there's a one inch difference. Didn't tell you which one.:lol:

I'm guessing he wants to use the same one he already owns in his car. And yes I know the Dodge ones are longer, I have a few of them too.

I would say Yes. Slip yoke should also fit. I've done basically the same swap in my 67 Belvedere, and the driveshaft is one of the few original parts left in the driveline.
I'm guessing he wants to use the same one he already owns in his car. And yes I know the Dodge ones are longer, I have a few of them too.

Hello everyone on a Super Bowl Sunday. I’m doing a 4 speed swap on a 67 b body. I have a 440,727,8 3/4. Does anyone know if I can use the same length driveshaft. If not what is the correct length I need. Thanks.
51.15" and for 727/833

Auto Transport Service
Back