• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driver Floor Vent

Bird 426

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
'69 Road Runner, driver floor vent. I see no call out for it in DMT site. The seal between the housing and cowl is in kits, or heater rebuild kits, but doesn't really mention the foam for the vent door. Is it in the heater kit? I called them today, the gal that answers the phone didn't know. Boss won't be back till next week.

Are you talking about the rubber seal on the flapper door? Not sure if they make that. Someone in one of these post made one with aftermarket seals.

s-l1600.jpg

The rubber ring on the flopper is bonded to the metal from the factory. That seal is not reproduced as far as I know.

Okay, I haven't taken it out yet, I was just putting an order together for DMT. So that's my answer, that seal is part of the door and not reproduced. Recovering from some surgery, so down the road when my parts are here, will tear into it and see what I have.
Thank you guys for answering!

Worked on mine recently. The rubber seal was separating from the metal flapper door around the inner edges but the rest of the seal was good. Cleaned the dirt and gunk under the lifted parts of the rubber seal best i could with soap and water. When it was clean and dry i spread black silicon rtv under and around the edge of the rubber. Turned out pretty good. I think it will hold.
IMG_20231226_183652805.jpg

That sounds good. When I get mine apart, we'll see what it looks like.
Thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back