• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drivers Seat Really Sits Low In 70 RR

soundhd

Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
Just purchased a 70 RR. Drivers seat (passenger also) sits really low. A lot lower then I am used to....Is that Normal? Or is it just the bottom edge of the door window opening is high?
Anyway wondering what would be the best way to raise the seats... Any height adapters available to install under the seat mounting frames....other then washers, sleeves, etc....
Just brought up another question.....Where power seats available in 1970? If so could it raise the seat height?

thanks

Does it have those thick round rubber type blocks over the studs between the slides and floor?If not that would gain you some.

Does it have those thick round rubber type blocks over the studs between the slides and floor?If not that would gain you some.

Also does the seat back have the plastic bumps/stops on them also?

I don't think power seats were available in the RR. They were designed as a no frills inexpensive HP car. There was a 6 way manually adjustable seat available for GTX and Satellite and maybe RR. Mine has it and it's pretty good for selecting seat height and angle. I can get mine to where knees are almost touching the wheel. I think the Fury was the only car available from Plymouth that year with a power seat.

I'll second what 1970 GTX said about the six-way seat...for what it is you can manipulate the height quite a bit with that old system...maybe you want to look into getting that seat frame for your 70?

Seats

My 1969 Roadrunner with bench seats seems low, yet my 1970 with buckets seems fine..I do not see any difference by looking at it.

Auto Transport Service
Back