• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Driveshaft 69 sport satellite 904/8.25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danco

Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys
A friend of mine is looking for a driveshaft for 1969. Sport satellite with a 318 with 904 trans with 8.25 inch rear. Can anyone help out?
Would need price shipped to 04745
Thanks for looking
Dan

This should be what the one included with my recent acquisition is. So my 318/904 are probably lost for all time (the 8-1/4 is still under it) and the car's probably going to get an "upgrade"...my plans are still a bit liquid. My numbers are up in the lost & found thread, but I have no illusions the engine or trans survive.

Car is coming off the trailer tomorrow - I'll do a little book work/measuring to see if it is even the "correct" shaft... what's supposed to have been fitted to my car. If it is, I'll earmark it for you and we can chat further. Don't suppose you're planning to come to Wisconsin any time soon...:rolleyes:

Thanks
Mark

Can’t you get one made ? I did that with my 73 trans am and it was less than a used one

This should be what the one included with my recent acquisition is. So my 318/904 are probably lost for all time (the 8-1/4 is still under it) and the car's probably going to get an "upgrade"...my plans are still a bit liquid. My numbers are up in the lost & found thread, but I have no illusions the engine or trans survive.

Car is coming off the trailer tomorrow - I'll do a little book work/measuring to see if it is even the "correct" shaft... what's supposed to have been fitted to my car. If it is, I'll earmark it for you and we can chat further. Don't suppose you're planning to come to Wisconsin any time soon...:rolleyes:

Thanks
Mark
Thanks for replying mark. No im affraid no trip to wisconsin any time soon lol.
I hope yours is what we need. Cardboard tube or thin pvc tube are good shipping containers for those.

Can’t you get one made ? I did that with my 73 trans am and it was less than a used one
We can but we need the ends. We dont have anything. And the shop here has none either. So i figured we would see what we could aquire that would be a direct fit

Is it the same as a challenger 1974 because I have one from a 74 challenger 318 w 904 trans ? It’s probably too short though

Is it the same as a challenger 1974 because I have one from a 74 challenger 318 w 904 trans ? It’s probably too short though
Thanks for replying but unfortunately they are different lengths. Yup shorter

Let me know joe if you indeed have one
I appreciate you looking and responding
Dan

Don't suppose he has his broadcast sheet to verify the shaft part number? From Paul Herd's book, I come up with:
Part# 2852343-so broadcast would show the last 3 digits in the P/SHAFT box (Line-4; far left) "343"

specs I show are:
Length = 55.47" (this is measured c/l of U-joint to c/l of U-joint)
Type = "Small" U-joint #7260
Diameter = 2-3/4"
Might be a few more days before I get it dug out of the floor well to physically measure - Fenders, hood, tanks - all that happiness is strapped on top of it.

Does he, by chance, have an extra usable deck lid or GTX/SprtSat tail lights?

Thanks.

PS. Also to confirm - no dice with an e-body shaft; 116"/117" WB Ply/Dodge B vs 106"/108" WB Barracuda/Challenger E respectively...shafts are different by about that much, too.

Let me know joe if you indeed have one
I appreciate you looking and responding
Dan
Here is the one I have. it is out of a 318 poly automatic

6E3CFA88-DD52-4FBB-B36B-B1A4A4B7BA16.jpeg

37EBFBD0-4725-4297-A5AE-4D1CA6C1ABE7.jpeg

Don't suppose he has his broadcast sheet to verify the shaft part number? From Paul Herd's book, I come up with:
Part# 2852343-so broadcast would show the last 3 digits in the P/SHAFT box (Line-4; far left) "343"

specs I show are:
Length = 55.47" (this is measured c/l of U-joint to c/l of U-joint)
Type = "Small" U-joint #7260
Diameter = 2-3/4"
Might be a few more days before I get it dug out of the floor well to physically measure - Fenders, hood, tanks - all that happiness is strapped on top of it.

Does he, by chance, have an extra usable deck lid or GTX/SprtSat tail lights?

Thanks.

PS. Also to confirm - no dice with an e-body shaft; 116"/117" WB Ply/Dodge B vs 106"/108" WB Barracuda/Challenger E respectively...shafts are different by about that much, too.
Sounds promising mark. No on the broadcast sheet and also a negative on the lid and lights we had to look for the same parts for his and also had a hard time aquiring a good hood. Needed 2 to make one

Hey guys I want to thank you very much for all your replys and efforts but i just discovered that mancini offers a driveshaft kit that We can refuse. $299.00 for a complete you weld kit. We can't go wrong with. So we will go with that. Thanks to all again for your help.

So we will go with that.
All good. I would suggest you have it balanced/checked. It's also very important that the u-joints are aligned to each other or you'll get "phasing".

I'll still check the one I have in case of future need. I've gotta figure it would be $50-$75 to ship, so double that because UPS/FedEx should not make more on our parts than US!

M

All good. I would suggest you have it balanced/checked. It's also very important that the u-joints are aligned to each other or you'll get "phasing".

I'll still check the one I have in case of future need. I've gotta figure it would be $50-$75 to ship, so double that because UPS/FedEx should not make more on our parts than US!

M
Thanks mark we will balance and align it.
Thanks for reminder.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back