• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drum spindle BIG disc brake bolt on, 6 piston, 4 piston, 2 piston.

The 2 piece drilled brembo rotors you have pictured above are about $1000 a piece, am I mistaken?

Wheel bolt pattern is 5 on 4 1/2 circle, or are to referring to the bolt pattern of backing plate to spindle? .That i dont know. Off the top of my head, i don't even know if they are 9" or 10" drums. Its a factory /6 car. Maybe Kryslerkid might have a spindle shot, i dont.
So I know for sure the rotor should work with some cleaning up and some new studs. Some places say 62-72 And some say 64-74 ... all I know is all the B body spindles, both drum and disc, we've tried have worked out. If brakes off a 68 charger can be fitted to your car then it'll work. If not, I can probably make it work anyway. I'm in southern cali, if you wanted to get together and have me look at it or even send me a pic I'd be able to tell you right off the bat, or design something that works.

Thank you for this.

I am getting a set of his brackets. I've also already purchased the front and rear calipers for the 13.2 front and 11.8 rears. I'lll let everyone know what it ends up costing me for the complete package.

Does anyone have the list of part numbers for each size of calipers and rotors?

I am getting a set of his brackets. I've also already purchased the front and rear calipers for the 13.2 front and 11.8 rears. I'lll let everyone know what it ends up costing me for the complete package.

Ok, I have everything now. Here is what I have and what I have invested so far.

Brackets from Invincible Extreme (Vlad) $260, 13.2 front rotors $90, 11.8 rear rotors $160, 2005-2014 Mustang 2 piston front calipers $95, 2005-2014 Mustang single piston calipers w/parking brakes $65. The calipers are used but have less than 40k mi on them, they all came with the flexible line to attach them. I still need to buy new brake pads.

Total cost so far $670
Pictures:

IMG_20180305_095425.jpg IMG_20180305_095853.jpg IMG_20180305_095926.jpg IMG_20180305_095823.jpg IMG_20180305_095755.jpg

Don't forget to take half a mm off the inside of the rotor hubs and grab some .625 knurl wheel studs from moser

And you'll need a master cylinder. The one DR diff sells is a great deal at 95 bucks

What wheels do you have? I have 17" American Racing VNT70R's and have yet to decide whether I'm going to try the 12.4 or 13.2" front rotors. I'm interested to see how yours fit.

What wheels do you have? I have 17" American Racing VNT70R's and have yet to decide whether I'm going to try the 12.4 or 13.2" front rotors. I'm interested to see how yours fit.

I can't help you there as I have not purchased my wheels yet. I am looking at 18's.

For straight spoke wheels like the American racing vnt70 I wouldn't go bigger than the 12.4 which is 2005 to 2010 v8 brakes, or 2011 to 2014 v6.

Someone had an issue with the spokes on 18 inch American racing wheels and 13.2 rotors. The caliper isn't small

Wheels like the boss 338 tend to fit bigger brakes a lot easier. They have bowed spokes. I have 17 inch boss 338 front wheels on my 67 gto and 68 firebird with 2006 corvette brakes that use a 13 inch rotor and they fit no problems.

But I've installed 17 inch straight spoke wheels on a nova with 12 inch 98 camaro brakes and it was very close....

Just to give you some examples.

I am considering the American Racing VN425 Torq Thrust SL in an 18x8 front with MT 6670 Sportsman S/R Radial 26" x 10" R x 18" LT and 18x10 rear with MT 6670 Sportsman S/R Radial 28" x 12" R x 18" LT. I am putting in mini tubs and a custom 4-link in the rear to accommodate the larger tires.

For straight spoke wheels like the American racing vnt70 I wouldn't go bigger than the 12.4 which is 2005 to 2010 v8 brakes, or 2011 to 2014 v6.

Someone had an issue with the spokes on 18 inch American racing wheels and 13.2 rotors. The caliper isn't small

Yeah and those were 18" TTII's I believe. I'm leaning towards the 12.4, not sure I want to grind a bunch of material off of the caliper.

I am considering the American Racing VN425 Torq Thrust SL in an 18x8 front with MT 6670 Sportsman S/R Radial 26" x 10" R x 18" LT and 18x10 rear with MT 6670 Sportsman S/R Radial 28" x 12" R x 18" LT. I am putting in mini tubs and a custom 4-link in the rear to accommodate the larger tires.

Those wheels look like they'll have a lot of clearance.

I personally think the t70r are among the very best looking wheels of all time, look great on everthing. I would do what it takes to get them on. Be careful with b.s. though. I have some ansen 5 spoke one piece and some original one-piece daisies that i can't get under the car if they have enough tire to work with their width.
I can't help you there as I have not purchased my wheels yet. I am looking at 18's.

I personally think the t70r are among the very best looking wheels of all time, look great on everthing. I would do what it takes to get them on.

I agree. The wheels are already on the car. The disc brakes are not yet.

I did something similar with the 2002 and up crown vic rotors and calipers, cost me $200 in parts and materials....using junk yard parts. anything that is modern that we can go to the local parts store and get replacement parts is a good thing. And NO I am not going to the ford stealership to buy my parts, that is rediculous unless you have money to blow.

The 2 piece drilled brembo rotors you have pictured above are about $1000 a piece, am I mistaken?
Yup, but he got them for $400 for the whole getup. And even without scoring deals like that, the calipers are 96 each, and regular cast 14 inch rotors aren't bad either...

Auto Transport Service
Back