• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dual quad conversion. extending throttle linkage?

3rdelke

Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
whats the best way to connect throttle linkage. needs to extend about three inches. thanks, bob IMGP0150.jpg

here's a mock-up pic of how i did the linkage on my quads.

Attachments

• 100_0327.jpg
    100_0327.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 418
Here's a picture of my set-up. The rear carb is the primary and includes an electric choke. The link between the two carbs is a street hemi piece. The difference in pivot points brings the front carb on progressively and is set so both carbs are wide open at the same time. This is basically the way stock street hemis were set-up. Some of the linkage brackets came from here: http://dynamicrenovation.net/viewcategory.php?groupid=02 X 4.jpg

Already been shown, but primary carb is in the rear.

steve, someone said six cylinder was longer

thx to all, got my cable out, I need one 3 to 4 inches shorter, if anyone has one...thanks, BobIMGP0165.jpg

Here are the factory cable lengths so you know what to look for:

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 195
I modified the progressive linkage since I feel the dual quads work better with 1:1. So I put it together this way, I think it looks and works better. WP_001690.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back