• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dual snorkel air filter housing for magnums?

Tony Tee

Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
I see two identical dual snorkel air cleaner housings on ebay right now. one listing is for 78-79 dodge magnum and the other is from an unknown dodge. Did any of the first generation magnums have this option? The ebay auction numbers are, 264034025078 and 202651071702 Thanks in advance, Tony Tee

I couldn't find those auction numbers on ebay. fyi-You get a lot more responses if you post links, or better yet, pictures. Make it as easy as possible for someone to answer your questions. I "thought" the dual snorkel air cleaners ended earlier...but a Dodge Magnum would be the type of performance car to have a dual snorkel if they were still available.

No 1978 or 1979 Magnums had dual snorkel air cleaners. The last was 1975 era on Police only cars where the passenger snorkel was shortened and pointed towards the passenger tire. Here is the picture of my '79 Magnum GT with E-58 Police package.

100_0383.JPG

Hmmm....well, I'm not an expert on this since I only owned one '77 Cordoba for comparison. Unless it's for a truck or something (???), I don't think that ebay air cleaner came off a 78-79. Those years would have the "lean burn" ignition system for sure like Pete's Magnum GT. I guess it's possible that someone put an older dual snorkel air cleaner onto a Magnum after they removed the lean burn system?

FWIW, I've never seen any Mopars from any years during the 1970s with a plastic bellows duct like the ebay one you posted.

My '79 300 air cleaner housing looks like Mr. Kaczmarski's above except mine didn't come with the orange decal.

I own a 78 red express, looks like the one on my truck. 74 dodge charger with the magnum option cam with a dual snorkel, but no hose attached.

My A38's have them with dual snorkel, and a flimsy air tube on the driver's side only. They take air in from the battery box. Those tubes were usually gone by the time these cars hit auction from having numerous valve cover gasket jobs done on them. I've replaced most of mine at least twice. The one shown with the small snorkels was on the Little Red Trucks and some others with small blocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back