• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dumb 66 Question

rolling_Thunder

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
I know I can go look under my car but It is under a tarp far far away... so here's the question... does my 66 satellite convertible 318/auto car have a 8 3/4 differential ? or did they come with something else ?

If original, 8 3/4 , small block might be a 741 case, 742 usually went with big blocks.
Conv isn't light so not 100% sure on the case #. Nothing really absolute with Chryco.....Danas were available for 4 speed big blocks and hemi's then, maybe even police cars, not sure about special order.. East coast guys have the cars under tarps now, take the tarp off and go drive that car.

I"m sure it would more than likely have the 8 3/4 rear end. the question is does it have the 741 or 742 case. I wish I was in a warm climate to be able to drive the hotrod more. The midwest does not give us that aption either. We are on the downhill slide towards spring though. Take the cover off the car in Ca. and drive it.

Auto Transport Service
Back