• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dumb question. Whats this reservoir?

StckweldinSteve

Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
I’m showing my ignorance here but what is this reservoir? I have a 74 sattelite sebring plus with a 360. I was trying to check the coolant and I’m thinking maybe I have to add it straight to the radiator (the cap doesn’t want to come off) I think I see a line going to the small black reservoir but I would have bet this was a power steering reservoir. Thanks for your help.

IMG_2110.jpeg

IMG_2109.jpeg

Also I have the manual and in the manual it looks like power steering… but the manual also spans like 15 years and isnt super helpful.

It also provides lubrication for the muffler bearings.

Now we know why they call you "Cranky" !!

Sometimes the radiator cap can a pain to get off.....same thing with aftermarket radiators and if there's pressure in the system (warmed up engine) it can be even more difficult but a rad cap shouldn't be removed from a fully warmed up engine and never from a overheated engine. If you need to remove the cap from a fully warmed up engine, put a heavy towel over the cap to lower the chance of getting hit with hot coolant.

Auto Transport Service
Back