• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E Mopars.

I'm unsure why so many fear the future? P.S. There are still horse and buggies today.[/QUOTE]

Because they are passing laws that make the registration and operation of our cars illegal! Wake the **** up! AOC plans to outlaw cows and horses too!

Plus the electric car never can erase the carbon footprint it leaves just being produced! All these do gooders want to feel like they are making a difference even when they aren't! We have them here at work, and 100 yards behind where they plug them in is the smokestack of the power plant that's charging them! The state also plans to put charging stations in the rest areas that will be powered by diesel generators! Kinda defeats the purpose, but at least they can feel like they are doing something for the planet, after all feelings are what everything is really all about now a days!

Last edited:
Is not our country pretty much at max capacity producing electrical power? Where will we be when there are millions of EC plugged in every night charging????
Can you imagine... Apartment complexes with everyone driving Electric cars... LMAO 300 people all plugging in a 6pm talk about rolling brown out.. Go get them E-warriors.

Silent cars are boring. I compare it to "relations" with a blow up doll.
(I'm guessing....I've yet to indulge in either of those things)
If you remember the sound made while attempting to get onto the rubber raft while in the pool, I am sure the sound would be similar... :lol:

The CEO of Dodge says that the current crop of motors have been refined to the limit or nearly so that can be done with the present architecture. The way forward, He says, is EV Tech. Now, how much of that statement can be attributed to political pressure, economies of supply and demand and industry pressure? Who knows. These decisions are never simple.
It is majority-owned by 'French' now,
more compliant green surrender monkies,
Paris Accord comes to mind...

Not my cup of tea...
May not be my brand anymore either...
Sad it will come to an end to be a follower & the compliant type...
I'm not either...

& thanks 'Ghost' for sharing the info & the video too

I'm not going to shoot the messenger, just sharing info :thankyou:

Popcorn The Stig Eating.gif

:usflag:

That 'Jetson sound' would eventually 'drive me nuts'
a cool novelty maybe, just for a short period of time

IIRC there's some sort of app that has car sounds
not sure if it's for a phone/blue tooth deal
or it's something downloaded to the car

I knew a guy who had to drive an EV Honda of some sort
don't remember which, lil' gutless toaster on wheels, a few years back...
He worked for PG&E,
it was a company car out of the SF 77 Beal St. Offices...
Anyhow he has/had some sort of app (which I don't remember)
that when he accelerated or decelerated it sounded like
(piped in thru the cars sound system & was volume-controlled too
at what level you wanted or just background noise only, in-car
)
it was an old 60's IC engine, with a deep muscle car V8 tone,
the tone was cam'y as all hell too...
Bucket-tee, bucket tee, bucket tee, bucket tee, at a stop,
when key (or fob) was on...

I laughed my *** off, when I saw/heard it the 1st time
he also was an Engineer & a diehard longtime drag racer...
And he was gonna rebel, every chance he got...

Last edited:
Need to convert a Ford Pinto into an EV:bananadance:

It's not just superior torque curve.

It's also lower maintenance requirements.

Higher energy efficiency.

Less environmental impact.

And that's today's technologies. Imagine tomorrow?

They do suffer a bit on the "Cool" factor. But can't stop progress.

Once upon a time an engineer had a vision of a horse less carriages would replace the horse and buggy. The crowds screamed. "I will never give up old Tea Biscuit for one of those devil made contraptions." But progress easily won the day.

I'm unsure why so many fear the future? P.S. There are still horse and buggies today.
How is it less environmental impact? Less 'carbon footprint'? I cry BS. They store electricity which is produced by power plants burning natural gas which produces CO2 and other gasses by the metric ton. The batteries are hazardous and no one knows how our country will handle disposing of all the bad ones as they fail. This is a horrible, horrible solution to a non issue. Make up the problem then create the solution to 'fix' it. This is not a viable option. Our grid cannot support millions of electric cars sucking juice each night. Our NG prices are already doubling because of Obama's no coal policies and if you've never gone by one of these new NG fired power plants you will be shocked at the rate they are consuming NG. Certain states are already discussing limiting NG public sales so they can keep the power plants running. Coal plants are just as clean as an NG plant producing similar amounts of CO2 and H2O vapor due to the scrubbers installed in the stacks.
Also, this fuel shortage was created by the current administration halting pipeline construction, fracking and certain imports and domestic production. Now we are relying on foreign oil. None of this is effected by the Russian embargo, prices were already higher and rising before the convenient excuse of a war. A war that could have been prevented by some proactive initiatives by us and our allies.
Sorry, there is so much fail in here that I had to speak up. Nothing personal, I just get tired of hearing the propaganda.
Even the owner of tesla says this is not the answer and will never replace the ICE.

Last edited:
How is it less environmental impact? Less 'carbon footprint'? I cry BS. They store electricity which is produced by power plants burning natural gas which produces CO2 and other gasses by the metric ton. The batteries are hazardous and no one knows how our country will handle disposing if all the bad once as they fail. This is a horrible, horrible solution to a non issue. Make up the problem then create the solution to 'fix' it. This is not a viable option. Our grid cannot support millions of electric cars sucking juice each night. Our NG prices are already doubling because of Obama's no coal policies and if you've never gone by one of these new NG fired power plants you will be shocked at the rate they are consuming NG. Certain states are already discussing limiting NG public sales so they can keep the power plants running. Coal plants are just as clean as an NG plant producing similar amounts of CO2 and H2O vapor due to the scrubbers installed in the stacks.
Also, this fuel shortage was created by the current administration halting pipeline construction, fracking and certain imports and domestic production. Now we are relying on foreign oil. None of this is effected by the Russian embargo, prices were already higher and rising before the convenient excuse of a war. A war that could have been prevented by some proactive initiatives by us and our allies.
Sorry, there is so much fail in here that I had to speak up. Nothing personal, I just get tired of hearing the propaganda.
Even the owner of tesla says this is not the answer and will never replace the ICE.
You are wrong. The amount of CO produced from a power plant to charge an electric car is significantly less then the CO produced by running the car from an internal combustion engine to the same distance traveled. Because it's more efficient. Alot more actually. Even a hybrid comes up short.

I'm afraid electric is:

More efficient.
Less maintenance requirements.
Higher performance.
Less environmental impact.

And the gap is widening. The next generation battery technologies will end any debate. Lithium should be obsolete in 10-15 years.

Nice try. Power plants produce AC current, which has to be converted to DC to be stored. Power plants have to run at a level that exceeds demand, meaning, they can't just turn a knob and increase power output, all these vehicles plugged in will increase the demand to a point they will have to run at a greatly increased level, meaning more pollution expelled, if you really buy into CO2 being pollution.
Now, back to the process of charging the battery, that the 240V AC has to converted and stepped up to 400V DC which causes a loss of energy in the form of heat. So it takes more energy to charge the battery than the battery has to use to propel the vehicle down the road. Meanwhile, on the vehicle side of things, the PIM kicks on the coolant pump to keep the battery and OBCM cool. If the garage is warm, like during the summer months, the AC compressor(400V DC pump) kicks on to help the coolant heat exchanger lower the internal temp of the battery. The coolant fans are also kicked on to allow the AC system to function.
Yes, electric cars have a place in our society for those who can afford them or like to consider themselves tech savvy, but are impractical for a majority of us common folk.
So to summarize this, once the battery is charged, they can be very efficient. But remember that battery runs the radio, lights, instrument cluster, wipers, AC, etc. The high mile range most claim are under perfect conditions, moderate speeds with no peripherals working. And what do you do when you find yourself 40 miles from home and your range shows 20? I stop at a gas station.

Propulsion by electric motor is not new, or futuristic technology. As the Electro Meister of this thread has pointed out, the earliest cars used this method of propulsion. The capacity of batteries has improved enough, over the past century, that a rather small number of electric cars is now driving around with a half decent range (for short trips). Mostly driven by millennials, like my neighbor with his Tesla, who think they are so tech-savvy and cool.

When humans start engineering anti-gravity propulsion systems and better yet, figure out how to move biological matter from place to place without the use of a “vehicle”, fuel or battery, then I’d say we will have made impressive and truly futuristic progress in terms of transportation technology.

Elon Musk, Tesla, and Dodge EV Muscle is not the future. That stuff is just revisiting an old technology because nobody can come up with a better, workable and truly new technology to replace the way we move around on our little planet.

This article from Australia, using dirty brown coal power plants as basis, shows how much less pollution electric cars put in the air: https://theconversation.com/clean-green-machines-the-truth-about-electric-vehicle-emissions-122619
I'm sorry, I quit reading when I read 'climate change'. Ever notice all the high and low temp records were set over 100 years ago? And when I was in college, these same people were predicting another ice age because temps were decreasing each year. So how can we be getting warmer? Did the method for calculating averages change? And have you noticed it's not global warming any more, it's 'climate change'? Lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back