• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E Mopars.

I don’t care what powers the vehicle ive swore off anything built after 2000. All theyve been doing is adding bullsh*t to cars to upsell us. I don’t know about you guys but i got along just fine without Abs brakes, touchscreens, collision avoidance, hill assist, traction control, blah, blah. EV is just another way to drain more money out of the general public make us think we need this crap. Not me.

It's not just superior torque curve.

It's also lower maintenance requirements.

Higher energy efficiency.

Less environmental impact.

And that's today's technologies. Imagine tomorrow?

They do suffer a bit on the "Cool" factor. But can't stop progress.

Once upon a time an engineer had a vision of a horse less carriages would replace the horse and buggy. The crowds screamed. "I will never give up old Tea Biscuit for one of those devil made contraptions." But progress easily won the day.

I'm unsure why so many fear the future? P.S. There are still horse and buggies today.
I'm unsure why so many disagree? Are you pro horse and buggie?

My newer Ram diesels are better than yesterday's. But they are still not the best very cold weather trucks. Better. But -10 or lower? Too tough to get going.

Train locomotives are hard to get going when cold, too. They used to almost never shut them off, I'd walk past tracks full of idling locomotives parked in the yards or next to the servicing tracks, night and day, summer and winter. But that was decades ago, now they're all controlled with software. An idle train that's parked gets shut down, and various parameters are monitored; if the block temperature drops below a prescribed limit, the engine starts back up again until it's warm. Similarly, if battery condition indicates a charge is needed or if the main reservoir air pressure drops off (not just from leaks, but shrinkage from extreme cold) then it's fired up again. But otherwise, the days of continual running are in the past.

Train locomotives are hard to get going when cold, too. They used to almost never shut them off, I'd walk past tracks full of idling locomotives parked in the yards or next to the servicing tracks, night and day, summer and winter. But that was decades ago, now they're all controlled with software. An idle train that's parked gets shut down, and various parameters are monitored; if the block temperature drops below a prescribed limit, the engine starts back up again until it's warm. Similarly, if battery condition indicates a charge is needed or if the main reservoir air pressure drops off (not just from leaks, but shrinkage from extreme cold) then it's fired up again. But otherwise, the days of continual running are in the past.
Actually no motor/engine system works better in lower temperature that I know of. My diesel even fully warmed doesn't like very low air temperature. My 440 B-body once warmed does like 5-10 degrees. But I'm sure it's because lower humidity.

Last edited:
This back and forth makes me laugh! We'll see in the near future how much control of our lives we have. We can't even get the letches out of my wallet that I feed everyday, close the borders, 13 percent of this country tell us when to jump and how high. Slightly less than 1% of all U.S. adults are married to a same-sex partner, yet we now call men and women, THEY, because they can make us. THEY have gotten us to authorize U.S. diplomatic missions across the world to fly the rainbow pride flag on the same pole as the American flag at embassies and consulates. Can we fix that first!
The average household spends 16 cents of every dollar on transportation, and 93% of this goes to buying, maintaining, and operating cars, the largest expenditure after housing. A household can save nearly $10,000 by taking public transportation and living with one less car. MILLENNIALS consider public transportation as the best option for digital socializing and among the best for connecting with communities. They will be running this country when we are sitting in a wheelchair with drool coming out of the corner of our mouths. They don't care about our cars or our old ways of thinking. It's just a way to get from point A to B. They will eventually pack our lunch and then eat it in front of us and we'll like it!! Make your words soft and sweet, because you may be eating them someday. No one really knows what stupid move we may make next...................... Before you red X me, remember I love cars, boats and everything else that smells like gas and have owned a ton of all of them. I've been betting on the future my whole life and I have the money to prove it, I don't make predictions, I just follow them.

I went for a haircut last night.....saw a Tesla pulling out of a parking space.....the only sound I heard was the indicator relay clicking on and off......inside the car.

Scary thoughts....you could get run over by one of those, and not hear a thing. :eek:
That's why you're supposed to look before you cross the road.

Here we go....Another FBBO member is bucking to be added to more IGNORE lists.
(Not you, R413, Kiwi, Beep Beep RR, Dennis H, Ghostrider 67, Coronet 68MX, F4R/T, XS22J8R or Bighouse.)
I'll bet he doesn't give a **** if you block him. As a matter of fact I'll bet he doesn't give a **** what you think either.

You are thinking in the 21st century with a 20th century mind. Green is going to win. We are long past any debate. Wind is now in 2nd for US electricity production. And this is with 1st generation mills. The next generation are bladeless. Solar. There is more solar energy hitting earth every second to easily pass all fossil fuels combine. To ignore is just stupid. In 10-15 years we will be seeing solid state batteries that can charge a car for over 1000 mi. And with hybrid technologies? (Likely hydrogen fuel cell) thousands of miles.

Yeah, we saw how the integrated wind "grid" worked so very well during the Texas freeze of 2020. It collapsed miserably. Solar wasn't even a blip, as the solar farms were shut off due to ICE.

Driving in western Oklahoma, southern Colorado and west Texas is so depressing, due to the hideous "wind farms" and the noisy-as-hell windmills. Noisy? You bet your *** they are noisy! Plus, they kill eagles, hawks, and other birds. A windmill will never recoup its costs in raw materials to build the parts, transport them to the site, use and maintain them, and the cost to dismantle a 20-year-old, non-recyclable wind machine of death.

For powering a farm or other similar operation, I can see a use. For the general power grid, screw that!

Last edited:
MILLENNIALS consider public transportation as the best option for digital socializing and among the best for connecting with communities.

That's Millennials and GenZ'ers for ya. Head in the clouds. If I want to take the bus around town, I have to drive six miles to the nearest bus stop. Hell, look at Boomers (of which I am one), who protested Vietnam and had a decades-long drug-induced fog...they ARE running the country, and doing a piss-poor job of it. Hell, we are in the days of the movie "Idiocracy" right now; we don't have to wait two centuries to see that outcome. We're living it now.

That's Millennials and GenZ'ers for ya. Head in the clouds. If I want to take the bus around town, I have to drive six miles to the nearest bus stop. Hell, look at Boomers (of which I am one), who protested Vietnam and had a decades-long drug-induced fog...they ARE running the country, and doing a piss-poor job of it. Hell, we are in the days of the movie "Idiocracy" right now; we don't have to wait two centuries to see that outcome. We're living it now.
That's my point, sit back and enjoy the ride, we have little to say about it. There are people that don't like a TV show and they want it stopped, some just turn the channel. There are people that don't like the words Merry Christmas, they want it stopped, how about you just not saying it and leave others alone. Different people want different things and at the end of the day that's why people love this country, if they bitch long enough, you may just get your way, if you're a minority, you will more easily. My thinking is your cat can play in your sand box all day long, just **** in yours, not in mine and we won't have a problem. Sometimes it feels like the more we go forwards, we end up going backwards. I'm going for a ride in my car, because I can..........

We have no "buses" out here in the country.

The day I have to live in a city will be the day I stop living, period.

One day, reality will dawn on the young city chits, or maybe just go hungry!??

I don’t think they use public transportation to any greater extent than any other generation has.
I do believe they use ride sharing to a great extent. That is not stopping using cars as transportation, that instead is not owning a car and having to pay for its upkeep, insurance, licensing and so on, it’s using cars but letting others deal with those costs and hassles, where all you have to do is pay for a ride.
I’m not sure if EVs are practical for a Lyft or Uber driver, so the ICE cars stay on the road.
I do see a lot of cabs these days that are Priuses. Hybrid may be a practical solution for ride share and cabs.

I don’t think they use public transportation to any greater extent than any other generation has.
I do believe they use ride sharing to a great extent. That is not stopping using cars as transportation, that instead is not owning a car and having to pay for its upkeep, insurance, licensing and so on, it’s using cars but letting others deal with those costs and hassles, where all you have to do is pay for a ride.
I’m not sure if EVs are practical for a Lyft or Uber driver, so the ICE cars stay on the road.
I do see a lot of cabs these days that are Priuses. Hybrid may be a practical solution for ride share and cabs.
This taxi company is all electric...https://currenttaxi.ca/

Auto Transport Service
Back