• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E Mopars.

The Internal Combustion Engine (ICE as it is called in scientific papers) was patented when the United States was fighting its Civil War -- the 1860's!! If you had to rely on that engine to get you from point A to point B, you'd be bitchin' up a storm! When you look at the quadrillions of $dollars that have been invested in refining the internal combustion engine over the past century and a half, it is now a relatively respectable machine.

Believe it or not, Henry Ford was initially interested in developing an electric car. He shifted gears when he realized Rockefeller (Standard Oil) was intending to shut him down. He made a pact. There are electric cars that date back as far as ICE powered cars. There came a point where petroleum made more sense than electric, based on the economics of the time.

With all that said, there are many (me included) that believe there is potential in the electric vehicle that has not yet been realized. I assure you that the EV technology is way beyond what it was even 20 years ago when GM introduced the EV-1 ("Who Killed the Electric Car" movie). What might have happened if the quadrillions of research dollars invested into ICE's were diverted to EVs??? The story would be dramatically different!!

I recently had a conversation with a local farmer that told me that New Jersey is trying to force electric tractors on its farmers. I exploded! EVs have a place, based on current technology. Farm tractors are NOT that place! A farmer puts a tractor in a field and leaves it there for the season. They pack 5-gallon containers of diesel fuel in to refuel. WHERE IS A CONVENIENT GRID WHICH THE FARMER CAN RECHARGE AN ELECTRIC TRACTOR?????

I try to be realistic. I work with electronics as my day job. I have had my name on a couple patent applications for ICE fuel economy improvements, but have also developed improvements for electric apparatuses. I'm in both camps. I have to realistically acknowledge when one technology is the best fit for a particular application. I know there are those that have fallen in love with vintage ICE iron -- the focus of this Forum. (My newest vehicle is 1995, so I can relate.) However, I ask you be open to the possibilities that abound for future EV plausibilities. I assure you there are small companies solving problems left and right. If you could look at the 2026 EV offerings (I know, you sent your crystal ball out for polishing and can't), you would see that they are much more capable than the 2022 selection. Believe me, I have doubts about the Grid's ability to supply the necessary power for EV charging, range anxiety, and many of the same issues you probably question. But I see solutions in the pipeline. Just sayin'.

015c5a27-d5b7-4e1d-9ede-d954afa3d1cc.jpg

Were are close to max generation output. But what they’re not talking about is the cleanest form of generation being silently and economically killed off nuclear plants have been closing all over the country. Check it out guys.
Nuclear power plants are the most expensive per watt. And of course with their toxic byproduct. It's not the ideal solution. Even with today's designs being up to 100x safer than just the designs of the 80s. Nuclear fusion will likely be the solution of the future for the next 100+ years. But that looks to be 50 years away from practical widespread application.

Many believe we are now just entering the age of discovery. Advances so profound it makes most other today's discovery kindergarten finger painting. In energy, travel, medicine. Some fear we as a people may not have the maturity to control or even apply discoveries for the better of not only mankind. But perhaps the earth's own existence.

But fear of failure cannot guide our strive to move forward. And that includes individual conveyance operations of travel. The future (I believe) is closer than we think. We just cannot coward to fear.

The Internal Combustion Engine (ICE as it is called in scientific papers) was patented when the United States was fighting its Civil War -- the 1860's!! If you had to rely on that engine to get you from point A to point B, you'd be bitchin' up a storm! When you look at the quadrillions of $dollars that have been invested in refining the internal combustion engine over the past century and a half, it is now a relatively respectable machine.

Believe it or not, Henry Ford was initially interested in developing an electric car. He shifted gears when he realized Rockefeller (Standard Oil) was intending to shut him down. He made a pact. There are electric cars that date back as far as ICE powered cars. There came a point where petroleum made more sense than electric, based on the economics of the time.

With all that said, there are many (me included) that believe there is potential in the electric vehicle that has not yet been realized. I assure you that the EV technology is way beyond what it was even 20 years ago when GM introduced the EV-1 ("Who Killed the Electric Car" movie). What might have happened if the quadrillions of research dollars invested into ICE's were diverted to EVs??? The story would be dramatically different!!

I recently had a conversation with a local farmer that told me that New Jersey is trying to force electric tractors on its farmers. I exploded! EVs have a place, based on current technology. Farm tractors are NOT that place! A farmer puts a tractor in a field and leaves it there for the season. They pack 5-gallon containers of diesel fuel in to refuel. WHERE IS A CONVENIENT GRID WHICH THE FARMER CAN RECHARGE AN ELECTRIC TRACTOR?????

I try to be realistic. I work with electronics as my day job. I have had my name on a couple patent applications for ICE fuel economy improvements, but have also developed improvements for electric apparatuses. I'm in both camps. I have to realistically acknowledge when one technology is the best fit for a particular application. I know there are those that have fallen in love with vintage ICE iron -- the focus of this Forum. (My newest vehicle is 1995, so I can relate.) However, I ask you be open to the possibilities that abound for future EV plausibilities. I assure you there are small companies solving problems left and right. If you could look at the 2026 EV offerings (I know, you sent your crystal ball out for polishing and can't), you would see that they are much more capable than the 2022 selection. Believe me, I have doubts about the Grid's ability to supply the necessary power for EV charging, range anxiety, and many of the same issues you probably question. But I see solutions in the pipeline. Just sayin'.

View attachment 1290130
For smaller farms, the John Deere electric tractor carries it's own 3,000 foot power cable.
54-5-col-John-Deere-electric-tractor.jpg

https://enrg.io/john-deere-electric-tractor-everything-you-need-to-know/

View attachment 1290130

Quadrillions??? Prove that one.

What were the figures I saw this AM as to where our energy comes from?
Was it 69 OR 79 % from fossil fuels??
3% hydro.
Less than 3% from solar and wind.
Renewables was about 17%, including 11% from wood.

What does common sense tell us today?

It's not just superior torque curve.

It's also lower maintenance requirements.

Higher energy efficiency.

Less environmental impact.

And that's today's technologies. Imagine tomorrow?

They do suffer a bit on the "Cool" factor. But can't stop progress.

Once upon a time an engineer had a vision of a horse less carriages would replace the horse and buggy. The crowds screamed. "I will never give up old Tea Biscuit for one of those devil made contraptions." But progress easily won the day.

I'm unsure why so many fear the future? P.S. There are still horse and buggies today.
Less environmental impact. ROFL. Delusional.

The thing about solar that frosts me is the stupid fields of panels. Now I'm no greenie but I am fond of trees especially the big east hardwood forests. The greens complain about climate change but would cut down forests to put up solar panels. Or, put solar panels in open fields now instead of trees. I'm no expert but I am sure trees are better
I never saw any statistics about how much co2 is changed by trees as opposed to solar panels
Not to mention all of the other benefits from trees

Last edited:
Less environmental impact. ROFL. Delusional.

1667396318153.png

1667598408702.png

The Metals for Your EV Are Stuck in a 30-Mile Traffic Jam​

A slow and bumpy journey on the trail of Africa's copper.

on a lark, I rented a Mustang Mach E 2 d ago for a short trip to the ocean from Portland. NEVER AGAIN. It took me all afternoon, downloading an app, talking to 2 separate charging companies' reps to turn on the inop, or unresponsive charging station. Then...for 30-40 min, TEN miles more range. And one supercharger cable had a completely different connector, so I could not use. Neat car, superbly quiet (63dB at 60), tech stuff that I like, but...200 mile range on mild mode? We have a Honda Blandmobile hybrid, 50mpg around town 40-41 overall, and I can see no advantage to an electric. Never again.

I've only seen three vehicles catch fire and burn to the ground in my lifetime; and I have spent a lot of time in cars.
VW Bus
VW Bus
Pantera

Auto Transport Service
Back