• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E15 Fox news

Didn't even know about it, E85 is what's around here.
Flex fuel cars can use up to e85 the ones not designed for flex fuel are the ones it will kill.
Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
I don't get this, the gas we buy now is E10 and it's safe for our cars. Going up 5% more is now going to kill your engine?

People who don't understand these things are just going to see the price per gallon and buy the cheapest gas available.

My 2005 Dodge Ram (Hemi) states right in the handbook " Do not use ethanol gas in this vehicle".

E15 is 15% ethanol 85% gas

E85 is 85% ethanol 15% gas

You don't want to use 85% ethanol in a system and a engine that wasn't designed for it. They should be useing a different style nozzle or some kind of a safeguard so this doesn't happen. Morons!

I can see the liable suites now and at the consumer's expense.

E10 isn't that good for our older cars either but so far so good in my 95 Dakota. Fuel mileage also goes down and man, don't let your small engines sit for very long without using some type of fuel treatment in it.....well, you should be using some kind of treatment anyways to help protect the fuel system in them. I'm about sick of having to rebuild/replace carbs on these things.

E10 isn't that good for our older cars either but so far so good in my 95 Dakota. Fuel mileage also goes down and man, don't let your small engines sit for very long without using some type of fuel treatment in it.....well, you should be using some kind of treatment anyways to help protect the fuel system in them. I'm about sick of having to rebuild/replace carbs on these things.

I let one of my yard items sit one year without additive in it. The next spring after failing to start, I had to take the carb & fuel lines off to clean them before it would start. Now I use fuel stabilizer for winter storage or run all gas out of my yard items. The gas does the same thing to our cars with carbs.

Chuck

And the ethanol ruins the rubber gas lines !!

Auto Transport Service
Back