• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Early B Body Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wile E

Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a decent used set of early B headers. Brand not important. Can need refurbished. Just trying to build a budget nostalgia type street car.

On my 64 A/SA Max Wedge I used hooker 5205 1 7/8
that were for a Big Block A body and they fit fine.
This was 30 years ago when very few 64 Header were
available. However, They are fenderwell exit!

Last edited:
Looking for a decent used set of early B headers. Brand not important. Can need refurbished. Just trying to build a budget nostalgia type street car.

I have a set of TTI 2'' headers , I pulled off a 68 barracuda fastback . Am running an aftermarket front end ,440/505'' wedge , bought them used and straightened them up from orig. owner , he had flattened 1-3-7 tubes to fit on his 68 dart , with factory steering.
I cut the tubes out , drove a 1 7/8'' trailer ball thru them and welded them back together , and have run them for about 10ish yrs. , they were wrapped when I got them , and I rewrapped them , for a couple of yrs. I got tired of the wrap getting fiberglass in my arms everytime I worked on it and pulled it off and had the them blasted and hi heat painted . Have gone to thermal barrier coated new ones . The new ones didnt fit as good as the old ones !
IMG_0474 (1).JPG
Only one pic of them on my car, but have a few phone pics , if ur interested .------they are 440-200 on tti website , standard port.

Are they on an early B? Your car looks like a 71?

I have that TTI set on my 1969 Valiant 440 (Cover Car Mopar Muscle)
I really do not think they will fit 1964 B body
The problem with the early cars = is the engine is further forward
with a different K Member. Th 66 to 71 K member will fit in making
it easier to fit Headers on them. It also help the weight distribution.
However, the factory Max Wedge crossram hits the firewall with the
later K member in place and will need a bit of massage. MY 64 SS/DA
Aluminum car set the NHRA record in early 1970s so I know a little bit about
these cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back