• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early B styling drawings

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
My Dad was a sylist at Chrysler starting in late 1958. He was in the B body studio when Chrysler decided to down size their full size cars. Though he didn't have a lot of influence on the 62 models he did on 63/64. He did the front end of the 63 Plymouth and a great deal with the 64 Plymouth. The "Fratzog" design was his as well. We cleaned out my parents house yesterday and I found quite a few renderings. Unfortunately for us B body guys the majority are 65-70 C body. However there are a few odd early B body illistrations. These were hand drawn by my dad in 1959-1962
Doug

20171105_150832.jpg 20171105_150446.jpg 20171105_150922.jpg 20171105_150841.jpg 20171105_151334.jpg

Wow! Thank you. Creative people like your Dad designed timeless cars. Talent. Drawings led to clay. 60 years later, look cool and fresh. The sketches are part of our Mopar History. Post more. Your Dads name?

Very cool Doug, my dad had a 4-dr '63 Fury white/red interior that I personally had a lot of fun in. Jeff

Those are incredible! Thank you for sharing them.

Thanks for sharing! Your dad was a skilled artist. I wish Plymouth had put those designs into metal.

Very cool. Now I'm waiting for the people who'll say those belong to Chrysler to chime in.............

My Dad was a sylist at Chrysler starting in late 1958. He was in the B body studio when Chrysler decided to down size their full size cars. Though he didn't have a lot of influence on the 62 models he did on 63/64. He did the front end of the 63 Plymouth and a great deal with the 64 Plymouth. The "Fratzog" design was his as well. We cleaned out my parents house yesterday and I found quite a few renderings. Unfortunately for us B body guys the majority are 65-70 C body. However there are a few odd early B body illistrations. These were hand drawn by my dad in 1959-1962
Doug

View attachment 536078 View attachment 536079 View attachment 536080 View attachment 536081 View attachment 536082
Wow....these are amazing! thanks for sharing them

Wow - Thanks for sharing. they are very cool (and some are likely very valuable too). What an awesome family heirloom! I think you should frame them and hang them up in a cool place - maybe your "man cave"?

Hawk

Amazing , as said your dad was a talented guy.Thanks for giving them us for all too see.
The lines are so clean and modern even by today’s standards,they where really ahead of their time the people of that era .

Wow, thanks for sharing Doug!! I love seeing the artists (as in this case - your Dads) original concepts before they are compromised by the engineers..

I retired from Chrysler and got to see a lot of styling concepts to me those that your father was involved with were the best. Always thought the 1960 to early 70's were the best.

Auto Transport Service
Back