• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eating vegetables, saying prayers and saving money finally paid off!

Lebete

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Hello to all.
Long time lurker and information stealing ghost finally found the right deal and Mercury aligned with a cresting Venus along with finding a piece of sky lab I managed to buy a 69 satellite convertible that I could afford. Pictures will be posted after i finally wipe the grin off my face long enough to actually take them.

I would like to say thanks in addition to hello, this place has been an informational fountain in my journey to classic ownership. I hope I contribute much more to the discussion and help for others, since now my contributions in the church basket will be going to OEM doodads and geegaws instead of saving my soul. Yes I have already felt the pain in that realm as I have owned Harleys for years, so I know the unending searches for better, faster and more. Sadly I have recently experienced a downturn in health so it was time to retire 2 wheels, move to 4, and find a new hobby to squander my ill gotten gains on besides wine, women and song.

This is not my first Mopar, nor my first Classic, but it is my first Mopar classic. So in the immortal words of Willy Wonka..."We must hurry! We have so much time and so little to do! Wait! Strike that! Reverse it!

Happy motoring. and no that thang ain't got a hemi in it. Its a fire breathing stock 318 2 bbl. But its mine :)

Welcome, Lebete - looking forward to seeing pictures of your new pride and joy!

Welcome, show us some pictures.

some quickies from the nuther day,

DRV.PNG

front.PNG

Pass.PNG

Welcome from the central coast of the state your neighbors vacated.

Welcome from Alabama, very nice rag top Satellite. That 318 will serve you well, other than the leaning tower of power, the next most indestructible Mopar engine out there.

Welcome and congrats on acquiring that nice Satty!! Keep us posted on all your upcoming 'Better, Faster & More' stuff!

Welcome from Alabama, very nice rag top Satellite. That 318 will serve you well, other than the leaning tower of power, the next most indestructible Mopar engine out there.
Yea, I'm learning that. The goal for the car is really just a reliable cruiser i can be proud of. I'll probly do a dual exhaust and change to a 4bbl. it seems that hughes makes a pretty decent upgrade cam that doesn't require a bunch of bottom end work and can be used with stock lifters and clatter makers. that and electronic ignition is probably the most I'd do to it. Id like it to have some pep, right now you gotta kinda kick it in the heuvos to get it moving. In fairness though it does need a tune I can smell its running rich, im sure the timing is probably sus since it is a points car. one crisis at a time tho.

Beautiful ride! Let's get some under hood shots.

In my area, haven’t seen a rag top. Nice ride Sir

Auto Transport Service
Back