• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay f6 a12 bent up front end

duster3404speed

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
any one else see that one go for almost 20000 seems crazy

no i dont sorry it ended saterday i seen it about thirty mins b4 it ended guy had date correct engine correct 4 speed tranny date correct carbs and intake and hood said frame horn bent and inner fender had a bend but sheet metal still fit 28 bids ended at somewhere around 19400 with reserve not met
showed my dad and he said "damn should sell mine(a12 bee project) i dont want an a12 i just want a 69 383 4 spped bee and id be happy" lol

what a POS!
Not worth $10,000 in this market. That car would cost a fortune to make right.

I dont know if it is overpriced. If you could pick it up for 20000 and then dump another 20000 into it to restore it then you would have a car worth more than 40 k I would think. I think it might be a good deal for someone with deep pockets. Of course it is not worth it to the average joe who cant afford to dump 20k.
Now the disclaimer...I have never fully restored a car completely to stock condition and the 20k estimate is just a guess it may take a lot more to restore it. Even if you put 40k into it..You are still only into the car 60k and I see those sell for more than 100k in restored condition all the time.

i'd pass on that one in this market & economy.

Attachments

• 65 HEMI BELVEDERE.63 MAX WEDGE SAVOY.A12 ROADRUNNER 003.JPG
    65 HEMI BELVEDERE.63 MAX WEDGE SAVOY.A12 ROADRUNNER 003.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 513
They should have sold it for the last bid.Wonder why no photo of the damaged frame horn?

Yeah id say 8 grand just cause of the condition- its going to take alot to fix that

Ahhh, I think the 28 bids speak differently of what those thought of it's value.

Ahhh, I think the 28 bids speak differently of what those thought of it's value.

If you look at the bid history and timing, it looks to be fishy to me. Real bids up to about $8k, then after that it appears someone or two someones, tried to push the bid to the top just short of the reserve to get a sucker to jump in. Real people do not bid that way.

That is an old-school ebay scam.

Randy

19,100. Should have taken it if it was for real.

Apparently the seller didn't think so.

This car was discussed at length on another site and there was a BIDDER that chimed in stating that he had bid $19K on the car. Many people were complaining that they were having problems getting the seller to correspond and it sounded to me like the seller wasn't looking for pen pals and felt that the description and pictures told enough of the car for buyers to make a decision. Many people are not big communicators. Obviously the seller has a number in mind that he thinks it is worth and when someone is willing to pay it it will be gone. It also sounded like he was looking for a somewhat local buyer and probably thinks he is just wasting time with long distance buyers. He is correct in the vast majority of cases. Usually the guys doing all the complaining about these situations are NOT serious buyers and just information seekers with no intentions of buying. How many guys in this thread are really looking to buy? He may not care if he sells the car unless he gets what he wants for it and may just keep it.

People SAY it is a two sided street with regards to this situation.
1. People think that these cars have not bottomed out and they should be able to buy them for less.
2. Other will tell you that if you are truely interested in the hobby that the money is not important and this is why people put more money in these cars than they will likely ever be able to recoupe.
I don't believe it for a second with most people in the hobby. Most WANT the car to retain it's value or appreciate. This is why there is so much value placed on the numbers. If there was not a big difference in value then no one would care if it was a tribute car or a real one and they would be worth the sum total of their parts. If you want a REAL car (numbers) then you have to search out what is left of the ones originally built. If you want a project you are limited to what is left and the market is determined by what a seller is willing to take. If no one pays his price he either keeps it, waits until someone pays his price, or lowers it if he REALLY wants to sell for what high bidders will pay.

These comments are not meant to enflame people here and I am sure there are others that will want to chime in about how the money is not important to them, they are true enthusiest, etc., etc. You can save it, I am aware there are ALL kinds of different types of enthusiests out there. The problem is that many simply can't AFFORD to play this game no matter how much they want to. Many are satisfied to simply enjoy the cars from a distance with no hope of ownership while others think that existing owners should for some reason drop their prices so the others can afford to own.

The bottom line is that it is a REAL car and if that is what you want and don't think the car is worth the money, then move on with your search because complaining about what the car DIDN'T sell for really makes no difference.

Last edited:
Sometimes the market dynamic becomes the more brains than money theory, sometimes it is the reverse.

IMHO this has to be studied as a case by case basis and then we can come to a conclusion...one shoe does not necessarily fit all in every situation.

Attachments

• two_cents.jpg
    two_cents.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 446
I'm not complaining, Just another guy thinking he is sitting on a gold mine. : )

Judging by what these A12's are going for I don't think the guy was too far off track. This is a rare Mopar that was the only rival to the Hemi cars of the day. It is a statement of American Muscle at it's strongest! It is one of my dream cars along with the Superbird!

Judging by what these A12's are going for I don't think the guy was too far off track. This is a rare Mopar that was the only rival to the Hemi cars of the day. It is a statement of American Muscle at it's strongest! It is one of my dream cars along with the Superbird!

I agree.

The 69 Coronet is thought by MANY to be the best looking B body ever built. Personally if they had the 68 R/T tail lights instead of the 69s It would be the ULTIMATE in my opinion. Back on subject. It being a 69 Super Bee, the first year for the 440-6, one of the last factory package cars, they only built 1907 of them coupes and hardtops combined, and a factory lift-off hood car, I would say they are pretty SPECIAL.

My feeling is that projects ALWAYS bring more money comparitively to done cars regardless of the economy. Why? For several reasons.
1. As stated above, some people want to know EXACTLY what they have when they are done and will start out with SOME kind of a project to feel comfortable with their car.
2. Some projects have a history some feel is worth the effort and extra money.
3. I think the BIGGEST reason is that many people have a hard time scrapping togather the money for the price of the project let alone a done car. They buy the cars with the intentions that they will later be able to finish the car over time out of pocket and that is the only way they can afford it.

The thing we have to remember is that over the last 15 years the vast, instantanious, internet access has uncovered cars and made them available to buyers all over the world. This also educated buyers and sellers alike and many MORE cars were uncovered that may never have been at all or they would have trickled into the market over many years. It used to be that when these cars came to be known and available for sale that they were only known to a few local potential buyers OR if the seller was knowledgable enough to advertise it in Hemming, (which took about a month before it showed up in print) and was often already sold locally. The point here is, how many can still be out there? According to a specialized web site for these cars there are approximately 27% of these cars know to still exist in all different states of condition. The generally accepted survival rate of these old muscle cars is 20-25% so the 1969 440-6 cars are already ahead of that number. That to me is VERY unusal as they were built by the factory to be and indeed were used as street racers not strip racers. Those types of cars don't typically survive long. Cars that were purchased new for strip cars only actually had a better survival rate. SO, with this in mind, how many more projects can be waiting out there to be discovered?

Auto Transport Service
Back