• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock 2087 top end kit or Indy Cylinder Head 440 EZ1?

Rocketman

Local time
8:13 PM
Reaction score
I would like to give my car a little more umph but not being a total gear head I have to hire outside mechanics to actually do the work. I have been looking at the Edelbrock 2087 because it seemed like a complete kit with several good write ups in Mopar Muscle. My local guy thinks Indy Cyclinder Head 440 EZ 1 kit might be better, then I have to buy an intake, valley plate, gasket kit and cam. I only drive the care to cruise ins and occational weekend to get a burger. Any reccomendations on which way to go?

I will be adding ceramic headers as well. I think my Holley 750 CFM carb is staying

The Edelbrock kit is a decent kit for what your doing, good price point, great power increases & quality 100% Made in the USA products {I don't care for the camshafts in the kits, but for what your talking about they would be just fine}, also the INDY EZ have a little slightly more penitential "Out of the box" {Eddy heads &/or kits can be improved too} & for latter HP improvements, but are also more costly, you have to piece together a combo with the INDY's, you could call Mancini Racing & they can put together a INDY EZ complete kit for you, it will cost quite a bit more thou... Than the kit offered by Eddy... good luck

The Edelbrock kit is a decent kit for what your doing, good price point, great power increases & quality 100% Made in the USA products {I don't care for the camshafts in the kits, but for what your talking about they would be just fine}, also the INDY EZ have a little slightly more penitential "Out of the box" {Eddy heads &/or kits can be improved too} & for latter HP improvements, but are also more costly, you have to piece together a combo with the INDY's, you could call Mancini Racing & they can put together a INDY EZ complete kit for you, it will cost quite a bit more thou... Than the kit offered by Eddy... good luck

Will an Edelbrock RPM intake work with the Indy heads? Or should one just go with the dual plane intake from Indy? I will check out Mancini racing. I have read reviews until sick and many say Indy will not by there for you if there is an issue with the heads, does that change when dealing with Mancini?

made the decision today, going with the Eddys, RPM intake, but with either a Comp Cam or an Isky cam. All coming from a machine shop in central KY that will stand behind the parts when ordered. Basically the 2087 kit with a different cam.

Will an Edelbrock RPM intake work with the Indy heads? Or should one just go with the dual plane intake from Indy? I will check out Mancini racing. I have read reviews until sick and many say Indy will not by there for you if there is an issue with the heads, does that change when dealing with Mancini?

Yes Mancini is better to deal with for INDY products, my experiences anyway... I've hadn't had good luck with INDY directly haven't dealt with them directly for years now, their customer service use to suck a$$... YES Eddy RPM intake will work usually, unless it's a specialty head or Max Wedge Ports or something different, or you've had the block or heads shaved decked or mill allot...

- - - Updated - - -

made the decision today, going with the Eddys, RPM intake, but with either a Comp Cam or an Isky cam. All coming from a machine shop in central KY that will stand behind the parts when ordered. Basically the 2087 kit with a different cam.

Sounds like a great choice, also Lunati {& Crane Cams, use to sponsor me used them for 35+ years} make some quality camshafts & components too, if it was a racecar, I'd say go with the INDY's or even a set of Eddy Victor Heads Max Wedge Ports & Victor Square bore or 4500 Max Wedge Intake with a 1-2" square bore 4 port spacer/or adapter, pick up another 12-15 or so HP etc., some good quality 1-7/8" headers are plenty for the street/strip apps too, up to about 720hp, you don't need giant tubes on these wedges unless your spinning it to the moon, especially street driven at lower RPM's you want the torque grunt... But IMHFO for the street & occasional track use, your going down the correct path, it'll make at-least another 75-100hp bolt-on easily, if done correctly, much more if ported & proper camshaft & component selection & still have plenty of power & maintain great street manner... 500+ should be easy peasy

Yes Mancini is better to deal with for INDY products, my experiences anyway... I've hadn't had good luck with INDY directly haven't dealt with them directly for years now, their customer service use to suck a$$... YES Eddy RPM intake will work usually, unless it's a specialty head or Max Wedge Ports or something different, or you've had the block or heads shaved decked or mill allot...

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a great choice, also Lunati {& Crane Cams, use to sponsor me used them for 35+ years} make some quality camshafts & components too, if it was a racecar, I'd say go with the INDY's or even a set of Eddy Victor Heads Max Wedge Ports & Victor Square bore or 4500 Max Wedge Intake with a 1-2" square bore 4 port spacer/or adapter, pick up another 12-15 or so HP etc., some good quality 1-7/8" headers are plenty for the street/strip apps too, up to about 720hp, you don't need giant tubes on these wedges unless your spinning it to the moon, especially street driven at lower RPM's you want the torque grunt... But IMHFO for the street & occasional track use, your going down the correct path, it'll make at-least another 75-100hp bolt-on easily, if done correctly, much more if ported & proper camshaft & component selection & still have plenty of power & maintain great street manner... 500+ should be easy peasy

The machine shop guy will inspect the heads and checking the porting. He will make adjustments before I ever see them. I like the sound of this so maybe if there is issues, they will be addressed on the front end.

Good luck, happy MoParing

Auto Transport Service
Back