• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock 440-6 manifold modifications

Cudatali

Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
Looking for any intake manifold modification tips or tricks. Getting ready to build my 440. Freshened it up and had it balanced. Got a new set of Trick Flow 240's and a mild custom cam from Dwayne Porter, (if Comp ever gets is shipped out to me.) I'll be using a new Edelbrock manifold, decided to not use the heavy cast iron I already had. Of course will be using all the trick carburetor parts for fine tuning but just wondering if there are any mods that are typically done to these manifolds for improved performance. I will be verifying the port match with the heads but is there anything else that is done?
Thanks!

Port matching comes to mind. This is where one tries to match the intake ports from the manifold as perfectly as possible to the intake ports on the heads. This includes the gasket. You're shooting for a perfectly smooth transition between the intake and heads.

Port matching comes to mind. This is where one tries to match the intake ports from the manifold as perfectly as possible to the intake ports on the heads. This includes the gasket. You're shooting for a perfectly smooth transition between the intake and heads.
Yup, as mentioned in my post I intend on doing that. Always important to have a smooth transition, agree.

I’ll get back to ya once I find the artical

Victory tech papers

IMG_3296.png

Do you have the manifold?
I have two. The original A12 is very nice, the much newer over the counter manifold has terrible core shift, and nasty misshapen port openings.
I see you're planning on a port match,, it'll need it,, and check the carb throats. They aren't round, and the core shift leaves a ledge that has to be blended out.

Do you have the manifold?
I have two. The original A12 is very nice, the much newer over the counter manifold has terrible core shift, and nasty misshapen port openings.
I see you're planning on a port match,, it'll need it,, and check the carb throats. They aren't round, and the core shift leaves a ledge that has to be blended out.
Thanks for the heads up, I will study that closely

Wow! Those look like "seconds" that were headed to melt down.
Mike
Well, I was given to me, free. But that was because of the failed attempt to plumb it for a concealed nitrous kit. It needs some welding, and some grinding, (and some carbs, unfortunately) but the price was right!

Looking for any intake manifold modification tips or tricks. Getting ready to build my 440. Freshened it up and had it balanced. Got a new set of Trick Flow 240's and a mild custom cam from Dwayne Porter, (if Comp ever gets is shipped out to me.) I'll be using a new Edelbrock manifold, decided to not use the heavy cast iron I already had. Of course will be using all the trick carburetor parts for fine tuning but just wondering if there are any mods that are typically done to these manifolds for improved performance. I will be verifying the port match with the heads but is there anything else that is done?
Thanks!
if you got the coin , send it to Wilson manifolds...

Auto Transport Service
Back