• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock 4barrel swap Dodge B200 van Linkage?

Dirtbag13

Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
So I got an engine with a crate full of parts that I'm trying to use on my Dodge B200 van. I installed the Edelbrock 4 barrel but the linkage is a little different. Does anyone have pics of the throttle linkage set up? I think I have it mostly set up except the foot pedal linkage. I didn't install the bracket that came with it but it looks like they opened up the transmission rod slot a bit.
IMG_20220429_114919.jpg
IMG_20220429_115002.jpg IMG_20220429_114919~2.jpg

I would cut the bracket apart and fabricate the correct positions and weld it up. Rods and any other linkages the same. Either shorten or lengthen as needed.

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. Just wanted to see if anyone else was running this set up in a van so I could get some ideas

Its simple. Chop, cut, and Rebuild. One hour and you should be close to done.

Since you didn't say what was on the engine before, I will have to assume it was a 2 bbl.
If so, the throttle and transmission kickdown linkages will be too short.
Correct thing to do is to get the correct linkage /manifold mount first. This will establish the correct factory location so that the other mods will match up with the factory lengths/ratios on the throttle and transmission linkage.
It looks like the carb and manifold were installed with out removing the carb. The condition does not look that good.
Before you go through all of this work, do you know if the carb is any good ?

It's a 360 and had the original 2 barrel holly. I tore down and rebuilt the 4 barrel it was pretty clean. Do you know the part number for the correct linkage /manifold mount? I cleaned and installed the intake manifold first. The carb is just mocked up right now.

There's this bracket as well but I couldn't quite figure out the correct way to set it up. I've seen it in other pics on the internet but either there is something missing or I'm missing something

IMG_20220429_155130.jpg

I don't have a manual for trucks/vans. This is a picture of a Carter carb on a 340/360 passenger car for reference.

340 THROTTLE LINKAGE.jpg

There's this bracket as well but I couldn't quite figure out the correct way to set it up. I've seen it in other pics on the internet but either there is something missing or I'm missing something

View attachment 1277681
You either heat and bend. Or you cut off the two intake mounting ears. position the bracket where it can work and then make two mounting pieces to attach to the cut off intake tabs.

Auto Transport Service
Back