• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock AVS carb to manifold gasket question

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
I have two 650 AVS 2 carbs and my intake is a dual plane with 4 hole plenum openings for each carb. Would using a gasket with the open design like for a single plane intake vs a 4 hole gasket make any difference in the velocity or the vacuum draw on the air bleeds etc.
here’s a pic of the carb base.
39B11CC6-77CE-4058-9AB5-82DBCB05273E.jpeg

I don't believe you would notice any difference in the way the engine runs by using either base gasket.
But if the manifold is 4 holes I would use the 4 hole gasket.

I've used the single open gasket on a 4 hole intake and never noticed any difference in how the carb likes to be set up, or in the driveability of the motor. But as Steve340 said if you have the option to go with the 4 hole may as well go that route.

No, makes no difference. If you have a 4 hole gasket, I would cut out the 4 hole section out & make it an open gasket; less chance of bits of gasket breaking off & going into the engine.

Congrats on the AVS, smart move...

More specifically what is the intake and what size are the openings ? Picture ? They do not have a square throttle blade set up like Holley 4150 or 3310 style.

Auto Transport Service
Back