• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock HEMI heads

Rustyiron

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone run the Aluminum Edelbrock gen II HEMI heads? If so what valves are they using and are they worth running?

If your bore is even 4.31" you might need to notch the top of bore. It's in the PDF under valve clearance.

I have Mopar Performance heads cast by Edelbrock. Basically the same heads. I run them on my 528. However, it is a 4.503 bore. I also have larger Manley 2.500 int and Ferrea 1.990 exh valves.

I have Mopar Performance heads cast by Edelbrock. Basically the same heads. I run them on my 528. However, it is a 4.503 bore. I also have larger Manley 2.500 int and Ferrea 1.990 exh valves.
It's the 4.50" bore. I asked about Edelbrock heads and was told the chamber was larger in diameter. So intake valve might nick the edge bore. It's like Max Wedge 1.88" exhaust valves. What about Indy Heads? Read a member dropped a seat, this a one off or a habit.

Think it was the early MP head that had the seat issues?
The newer MP head is cast by Edelbrock aka the M2.
It is slightly different, especially the exhaust port.
They can been ported to the max, unlike the Indy heads!
(So I've been told).
John

I run them. Had to relocate the steam hole to work on the KB block with 4.5” bore. All good otherwise.

I would only run Edelbrocks of Stage V. Tim at FHO apparently just bought out Stage V.

873hp and 777tq now we is talking Malex!
Gonna be building a 528ci hemi next year with hopes of 700+hp.
4.500 bore and Indy heads.

Was going to use the MP-M2 heads, but done a deal for them.
The M2 head is the one to get (so I'm told) by the Superstock guys!

Why did they not cast MORE???:screwy::screwy::screwy:

M2 vintage head.jpg

Has anyone run the Aluminum Edelbrock gen II HEMI heads? If so what valves are they using and are they worth running?
I assume you are talking about Victor Jrs. You have to say that because Edelbrock also made the last of the Mopar aluminum heads which are basically street hemi heads cast from aluminum. The Victor Jrs are the best deal in Hemi heads. Anything else is........well, just don't think about anything else.

I used the Edelbrock Victor Jrs with Stage V rockers on a KB alloy 4.5” bore. Steam holes needed relocating and the head stud holes reamed. All clear sailing after that.
IMG_4286.png

IMG_4287.png

IMG_4288.png

Auto Transport Service
Back