• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock RPM heads

I see a 451 build by IQ 52 that produced 787 Horsepower, ported RPM heads, Indy intake, Erson roller cam.

Are you saying them RPM heads had 1.78 exh valves ? I thought the all RPM heads came with 2.14 and 1.81 valves in the RPM heads. ? Ron

All RPM heads that I'm aware of come with 2.14/1.81 valves.

Very impressive flow numbers there. Can you say what the expected peak horse power would be on a well built 451 with these heads? Using a solid lifter cam around .600 lift, 295 to 300 total duration, C/Ratio of 11 to 1, .040" quench, Victor intake, 850 to 950 CFM carb. Any way to predict peak horsepower with a combination like this? Or do you have a similar build that you have dynoed? Ok thanks.

That's a pretty small cam. We ran a XE285HL flat tappet cam in a 440 to 590-600 HP with a similar flowing head. But it's true that our 451 did make 787 HP on 91 octane with heads like these.

Auto Transport Service
Back