• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Edelbrock STR 15-8 or STR Cross Ram intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev. Mopar

Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Looking to jump into Nostalgia Super Stock racing and need a dual quad intake for the 451 low deck stroker we are running in our '64 Savoy. Hope someone out there has one of these critters.

Thanks for the add. Contact me at [email protected] or on this board.

Rev. Mopar

Two notes: NMCA now allows single carb Manifolds in N/SS. No dominators, 4150 based or Edelbrock. Also the Indy Mod Man intake has been used by many with good success.
Doug

Two notes: NMCA now allows single carb Manifolds in N/SS. No dominators, 4150 based or Edelbrock. Also the Indy Mod Man intake has been used by many with good success.
Doug
how about four door cars?

We have spent SOOOO much time in Stock Eliminator that the NSS rules have not remained foremost in our thoughts. Many years back, at a Monster Mopar Weekend in St. Louis, we attempted to enter NSS with a four door car with a single four barrel and told to take a hike. It was just as well as we won our foot brake class. Our current "spare" car is a 64 Plymouth Savoy 4 Door with a very mild 451 stroker and a single four barrel. It runs 11.8's through full exhaust and a 4.10 gear and would be a fun car to campaign as NHRA has seemingly gone nuts. Guess we could run our K/SA wagon as it is a mid 11 car too with a 383. Just looking for racing opportunities that will be FUN.

4 doors are welcome. We have plenty of wagons. Only one convertible that I've seen. Single carb rule was added a few years ago. Great bunch of racers in N/SS. Come on out the water's fine. No sharks here.
Doug

Thanks Doug. I do believe I know you, or at least your late father. Just guessing though. Great information. I do have a lead on a STR 15 that I will follow up on. One cannot deny the visual impact of the cross ram set up on a MOPAR even if they do not perform as well as contemporary single four barrel set ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back