• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eldelbrock hose barb

Vanderstel

Local time
3:09 PM
Reaction score
What part number is this hose barb? See the green arrow? I can't get the old one out of my old cast iron intake. I have the Edelbrock Performer, so I'm guessing the barb is the same.

20171228_064631.jpg

Heat it up from the inside with a propane torch a bit (not until it's red hot but very warm), and then rub an old stick / taper candle on the threads you can see. Continue heating and waxing while working it with a crescent wrench a little at a time. The wax will melt and run down the thread channel and eventually let the fitting come out.

Use never seize when you install fittings in anything aluminum. Dissimilar metals cause galling and will damage softer aluminum over time.

Ok, I got the old one out of the iron manifold and it is too small, hah! Back to Depot and I went to the section where they have galvanized pip fittings and boom!, the 3/4" fit, they have tapered threads, $2, done.

Ok, I got the old one out of the iron manifold and it is too small, hah! Back to Depot and I went to the section where they have galvanized pip fittings and boom!, the 3/4" fit, they have tapered threads, $2, done.
I would get brass, but hey, that is just me...

Auto Transport Service
Back