• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Cars and Lithium Batteries

Some experts project that these deposits could be exhausted as early as 2025
Who, with such a prediction, could be called an 'expert'? In 2021 Australia was the worlds top Lithium producer, outputting 55,000 metric tons of the stuff. Their current reserve of 5.7 million tons means that they can keep that rate up for over 100 years. And they don't even have a third of the world's reserves.

Who, with such a prediction, could be called an 'expert'? In 2021 Australia was the worlds top Lithium producer, outputting 55,000 metric tons of the stuff. Their current reserve of 5.7 million tons means that they can keep that rate up for over 100 years. And they don't even have a third of the world's reserves.

That won't be the real issue that should put an end to these POC's. Having the grid capacity to charge them will.
Glad you mentioned Australia. I've been thinking they're being colonized/exterminated for resources.

If it's questionable that Michelle has a obama box , i know i sure as hell won't have one.

Manshell is a man baby,and Joan Rivers told everyone right before she met her untimely Hillary style demise in a hospital related tragedy!

Not another of these god damn EV threads

look at what a Litium mine does to the ecology

where does the **** come from ?
It's ope pit mined, it's dirty as hell
& diesel is burned by the millions of gallons daily

where does the electricity to charge them come from ?

fucken hypocrites

you're being played lemming

3-2-1 off to the PF

why do you guys (you know who you are) even start these types
of threads here in the damn general discussion forum, you damn well know
it will turn political ?

join the PF if you want to talk about that nonsense
this fucken' EV ****, is political too

Just because its in Australia doesn't mean the Chinese don't own it.... Ever heard of Smithfield meats??

Very good video on why the Internal Combustion Engine is here to stay. This guy lays it out and why Electric cars are more impractical.

Ask a liberal "where does electricity come from", and they'll say "the wall outlet".

Seriously.

It's like its made of unicorn farts or something - they honestly think it just....IS. Not that it has to be made from something...but that it is simply there for their consumption.

I had read somewhere that the amount of earth that needs to be moved to get the materials for a 1000 pound Tesla battery is 500,000 pounds. I am not sure if that is right or if this website I am posting is right. It just seems to me that these "green" people can not see the mining through the big screen display in their car!
Let's protect our earth, but let's open our eyes in our decisions
Lithium Mining: The Hidden Environmental Cost of EVs – Streetsblog USA

I had read somewhere that the amount of earth that needs to be moved to get the materials for a 1000 pound Tesla battery is 500,000 pounds. I am not sure if that is right or if this website I am posting is right. It just seems to me that these "green" people can not see the mining through the big screen display in their car!
Let's protect our earth, but let's open our eyes in our decisions
Lithium Mining: The Hidden Environmental Cost of EVs – Streetsblog USA
Lets put this into perspective.. 500,000 pounds of earth to be moved and various states of separation to get it to a raw material they can then reduce further down until they get the minerals they need to create a battery... Oh wait, there are other materials envolved factor those in too. Versus an 8 or 9 inch pipe being bored straight down into the earth to get to crude oil. Which of the 2 is more environmentally damaging. Not to mention they use fossil fuel powered equipment to extract the materials from the ground. People are buffoons' and should be shot out of a cannon into a brick wall.

giphy-gif.gif
0364e18ade9a2f50f639b6e9e7af30dc7b205318.jpg

That won't be the real issue that should put an end to these POC's. Having the grid capacity to charge them will.
Glad you mentioned Australia. I've been thinking they're being colonized/exterminated for resources.
Nope we are still here in Australia but that's not far from the truth. I think this all is a side show for the future as most of the world has already been exterminated they just don't know it yet thanks to the covid jab we won't need as may cars now we have had a 600% increase in heart attacks this year alone won't be many people driving soon problem solved

Auto Transport Service
Back