• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric master cylinder??

I just converted my 70 Satellite from front drums to discs with an SSBC kit and used a Right Stuff Manual Master Cylinder with 15/16" bore. The pedal is very easy to engage, not really much harder than my modern daily drivers with power/abs brake systems. Car stops great too. Before spending a ton of money on the electric booster, I would convert the fronts to disc and install a 15/16" manual master. See how that feels. Just my 2 cents.
Was that an original Power drum brake car and did you use the ssbca156 because I'm having some issues with that myself

Was that an original Power drum brake car and did you use the ssbca156 because I'm having some issues with that myself
No, it was a manual drum brake car. I used the W156 kit. I think that is an older discontinued kit. What issues are you having?

No, it was a manual drum brake car. I used the W156 kit. I think that is an older discontinued kit. What issues are you having?
Okay it looks like the previous owner of this 66 satellite bought the summit a156 disc brake conversion to convert the car to a manual front disc rear drum car which was previously a factory power brake car looks like he bolted the master cylinder from the kit on to the Factory booster which I assume was a mistake and I don't think he put the proportioning valve anywhere into the system so I don't have access to the missing parts and I guess I'm going to start with removing the factory power brake booster and getting the 15/16 manual disc brake mc from right stuff , like someone else was talking about on another post and bolting that to the fire wall and hope everything else lines up right now the brakes come on but it takes a lot of foot pressure to stop this beast 440

Okay it looks like the previous owner of this 66 satellite bought the summit a156 disc brake conversion to convert the car to a manual front disc rear drum car which was previously a factory power brake car looks like he bolted the master cylinder from the kit on to the Factory booster which I assume was a mistake and I don't think he put the proportioning valve anywhere into the system so I don't have access to the missing parts and I guess I'm going to start with removing the factory power brake booster and getting the 15/16 manual disc brake mc from right stuff , like someone else was talking about on another post and bolting that to the fire wall and hope everything else lines up right now the brakes come on but it takes a lot of foot pressure to stop this beast 440

Sounds like that might be the problem. I got the Right Stuff 15/16" MC from Summit. The only thing you might also have to change is the brake push rod which was for the power booster. Not sure if there are any pedal mods that have to be done too. Mine was a 70 Satty and I used the same manual push rod. I just replaced the rubber bushing that goes on the end of the push rod into the master cylinder.

Sounds like that might be the problem. I got the Right Stuff 15/16" MC from Summit. The only thing you might also have to change is the brake push rod which was for the power booster. Not sure if there are any pedal mods that have to be done too. Mine was a 70 Satty and I used the same manual push rod. I just replaced the rubber bushing that goes on the end of the push rod into the master cylinder.
You would think that they have installed a different pushrod with the kit but I've heard there's been nothing but trouble trying to convert one of these Pre 67 B bodies to front disc brakes and most people go with manual because the power booster is such a pain to mount hopefully that other pushrod then is out there on the market that I can find somewhere any ideas ?

You would think that they have installed a different pushrod with the kit but I've heard there's been nothing but trouble trying to convert one of these Pre 67 B bodies to front disc brakes and most people go with manual because the power booster is such a pain to mount hopefully that other pushrod then is out there on the market that I can find somewhere any ideas ?

Like I said, not really sure what sizes the 66 Satty uses. They do make an adjustable pushrod that might work for you. I think Summit has it also. Get the one for the 15/16" master.

Like I said, not really sure what sizes the 66 Satty uses. They do make an adjustable pushrod that might work for you. I think Summit has it also. Get the one for the 15/16" master.
Thank you possession of paraphernalia charge

OMG I was listening to talk radio all I said was thank you the rest was from the radio please disregard anything past the words thank you LOL
But getting back to the subject is it likely that the manual master cylinder will then bolt up to the same bolt holes on the firewall as the booster did that I'm removing now from the element

But getting back to the subject is it likely that the manual master cylinder will then bolt up to the same bolt holes on the firewall as the booster did that I'm removing now from the element
Was the booster a 4 hole or 2 hole mount? The new MC is a 4 hole. They do make an adapter plate for it. Not sure if the hole pattern/sizing is the same.

Was the booster a 4 hole or 2 hole mount? The new MC is a 4 hole. They do make an adapter plate for it. Not sure if the hole pattern/sizing is the same.
Okay I turned the radio down this time, I don't know I haven't been down there yet as far as under the dash goes if they sell that kit with the intent that you can bolt that replacement manual master cylinder for front disc brake rear drum it must be 4 bolt holes in the firewall as well there's no inclusion in that kit of any firewall adapter or any like I said before different push rod necessary

Okay I turned the radio down this time, I don't know I haven't been down there yet as far as under the dash goes if they sell that kit with the intent that you can bolt that replacement manual master cylinder for front disc brake rear drum it must be 4 bolt holes in the firewall as well there's no inclusion in that kit of any firewall adapter or any like I said before different push rod necessary
I googled 66 Satellite booster. Pictures looked like 4 holes so you might be good to just bolt on with a new pushrod. This looks like what you might need. Call Summit to confirm. You might need the 4 hole to 2 hole adapter plate.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...966/make/plymouth/model/satellite?prefilter=1

Auto Transport Service
Back