• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical help please

I don’t know what to say mine works it charges and everything works. Sorry if I couldn’t help ya
If you look closely, you have 1 wire going to your ballast resistor. It's literally there for looks ,doing nothing.
You could throw it in the garbage and cut the wire off going to it.

If you look closely, you have 1 wire going to your ballast resistor. It's literally there for looks ,doing nothing.
You could throw it in the garbage and cut the wire off going to it.
I did that these are pics before I yanked the motor and cleaned the firewall. Engine bay is prepped for primer

I don’t know what to say mine works it charges and everything works. Sorry if I couldn’t help ya
I was simple trying to point out that you said "Only thing I had to do is hook up alternator correctly and put new voltage regulator because it got fried". Yet your before and after picture shows you swapped the blue/blue and blue/brown wires. Am I looking at the pictures wrong? Could this have also been part of the problem. If so all I have to do is swap mine.

1686769662757.png
Your before.
1686769615303.png
Your after.

1686769374792.png

1686769469996.png

Oldman garth, your wiring looks fine. Take the bolt out of your VR and see if there's a ground strip on the back or how does it ground.
If the VR isn't grounded it can't do anything

Oldman garth, your wiring looks fine. Take the bolt out of your VR and see if there's a ground strip on the back or how does it ground.
If the VR isn't grounded it can't do anything
Will do.

Sigh. Now my car decides it doesn't want to stay running and backfires out the tail pipe like crazy. Guess I gotta go fix another problem before I can come back to this one.

Auto Transport Service
Back