• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical help please

I got my car figured out with the help of RemCharger There was other people that tried to help I owe everybody a huge thank you this made my night I didn’t think I was going to make it to any car shows that I pre-registered for thank you again to everybody that’s help me I will be sure to help others in the future if this problem arises

Great to hear! :thumbsup: " persistence paralyzes resistance " as my uncle would say.
Now go grab a trophy!!

She needs a good scrubbing before she hits the car show this weekend

DB36D28A-300C-45B1-90A7-000D1D8DF91E.jpeg

E6028E50-C4A9-441C-B8FB-3EE4DB08F976.jpeg

ED80FBFB-661C-47E6-A6B3-138E99BC1638.jpeg

I haven’t cleaned the wheel well chrome yet to see how they look but if we like it we will get the rocker chrome also. I have all the window trim also to clean and install.Future presents for her right now she’s cost me enough

Great. I think it really adds to the look of the car. Especially the trim along the top of the fenders/doors.

UPDATE: I took her out for a short 50 mile cruise and had 13.9 the whole time. Thanks again everyone for your patience and help. She will be driven to every car show within a 100 miles this summer

I got my car figured out with the help of RemCharger There was other people that tried to help I owe everybody a huge thank you this made my night I didn’t think I was going to make it to any car shows that I pre-registered for thank you again to everybody that’s help me I will be sure to help others in the future if this problem arises
Can you provide a close up picture of the wiring at both the alternator and the VR? I assume you found a way around cutting your harness and I want to do the same. I've seen plenty of hand drawings and pictures of the new style VR but I haven't seen what people do with the double white/blue wires that are part of the wiring harness. I still have a battery drain so not charging.

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

Last edited:
Can you provide a close up picture of the wiring at both the alternator and the VR? I assume you found a way around cutting your harness and I want to do the same.
I sure will when I get off of work

I hope these help my motor is not in my car right now she’s getting some goodies done to her. And my wiring It’s not hooked up because I am painting my engine bay

8A66D377-508F-4255-B1C9-679655D5FDDB.jpeg

B7403065-F60B-4BDF-8CAC-C56D6D00FEEB.jpeg

Hmmm. So looks like all you did was swap the blue/white-blue/white connector with the blue/white-brown/white connector at the dash but can't really tell how things are connected at alternator. It also appears you did not update the VR with the pigtail. Kinda tricky as you had new wires in original post and some old wires in this post. You must have really gone through the wringer.

Last edited:
Hmmm. So looks like all you did was swap the blue/white-blue/white connector with the blue/white-brown/white connector at the dash but can't really tell how things are connected at alternator. It also appears you did not update the VR with the pigtail. Kinda tricky as you had new wires in original post and some old wires in this post. You must have really gone through the wringer.
Ya I fried some wires because I didn’t know the one was not insulated. I didn’t have to switch my voltage regulator because it had a lil computer board in it. My whole problem was it was wired wrong.

Ya I fried some wires because I didn’t know the one was not insulated. I didn’t have to switch my voltage regulator because it had a lil computer board in it. My whole problem was it was wired wrong.
So you only had to swap blue/white-blue/white connector to ballast and the blue/white-brown/white connector to VR?

Have you taken a good look at your ballast wiring
:popcorn: in the pic

So you only had to swap blue/white-blue/white connector to ballast and the blue/white-brown/white connector to VR?
Only thing I had to do is hook up alternator correctly and put new voltage regulator because it got fried

Only thing I had to do is hook up alternator correctly and put new voltage regulator because it got fried
1686760041406.png
This is your wiring.
1686760098339.png
This is my wiring.

Your blue/bown and blue/blue are crossed to mine.

I don’t know what to say mine works it charges and everything works. Sorry if I couldn’t help ya

Auto Transport Service
Back