• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EMS upgrade

Stucat

Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
I have a 2009 6.1 stroked to 426 with a techco supercharger , the ems is the old 2012? Mopar performance ems with the wiring harness that Mother Mopar offered at the time, Runs ok but think it's time to upgrade to an easier and better setup for tuning and running. Any ideas or suggestions? Anyone have a system they are using? thanks

EMS?
Emergency
Mopar
Services ?

Will do , your the second one to recommend this setup, thanks

I think Holley takes the cake as far as affordability and overall support... plenty of tuners know their way around the Holley software. I ended up going with an MS3X system as a learning experience - if I had to do it again I would have just gone with Holley and called it a day.

I have a Holley HP system on my 70 Challenger 440 EFI 6 pack and a FAST EZ 1.0 on my 73 Cuda 416 EFI 6 pack, the Holley is completely tunable whereas the FAST is not. Tuning can be scary for sure but it is not magic and with a little research and education you can do it reasonably well. Granted there is no replacement for experience but it is so cool being able to adjust fuel and spark from a laptop at any point in the RPM range. Additionally, you can tune your car remotely these days, either have someone write you a tune and install it or in some cases using wifi a tuner can tune your vehicle from anywhere. Yes having a dyno and a tuning it on one is the optimal way to go but the Holley system will self learn as well, so once you get a base tune in it, it will make adjustments on the fly as you drive it.

Good to know, when i was talking to holley> I was told to give them all the specs. Stroked,head work, supercharger, ect and they will do a tune to get started and said go from there. Sounds good.

I was going to say that's a big factor for your application - ability to tune for, and work with, boost. Some setups do; some don't. That would be question #1 for me but it looks like you got your answer there :)

You have to ask those questions a few time to different people at the same place. Just to make sure they give you the correct same answers. some times you get told what you want to hear to make the sale.

called Holley, the Terminator X looks like the unit, X is for standard transmission and a cabled throttle body. Was told i need to put in the info on my setup into the the hand held setup up tool. Once running it has self learning capabilities? Sounds to easy.

called Holley, the Terminator X looks like the unit, X is for standard transmission and a cabled throttle body. Was told i need to put in the info on my setup into the the hand held setup up tool. Once running it has self learning capabilities? Sounds to easy.
The Holley Terminator X takes up a lot of realestate because it has external coil drivers and the way the harness is made. Edelbrock pro flow 4 plus is way smaller comes with tablet to tune with. It's Bluetooth so no cable to tune with also.

They also have a harness to accommodate a drive by wire throttle which is what I am going to use.

If you are going to go with Terminator X or X Max, buy it sooner rather than later. I waited 6 months for mine. Finally showed up last month.

Auto Transport Service
Back