• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

End of another season.

malex

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
Well gang, it’s time to go have some fun racing again this weekend and then that’s another season in the books for this cat. Weather looks to be good all weekend to boot. This winter will be engine freshen up time and I’m looking forward to that. I’m also installing a shorter 3” scoop on a glass hood this off season. There’s a target weight of 3200 Lbs in mind, full tank and less driver, which I’m going to make.
Load up time..

Off the hoist and ready to load up. Haven’t been posting much this season but there’s been lots of tinkering going on.
IMG_9681.jpeg

A different look up front. Been in the works awhile.
IMG_9680.jpeg

IMG_9678.jpeg

Last race day, 3rd round. Car launched both hard upward and hard to the right. Came down hard and off the track surface. Gathered it up and straightened out ok but with the steering now pulling to the left the race was over. I suspected that the run might go bad when I saw who was making a pass directly in front of me. In any event, had the front end apart for inspection, some parts, some repairs and back in alignment. Good to go this weekend.
IMG_9603.jpeg

This was a picture that someone had taken during a previous race day this season. It’s the drive up to the staging lanes. It was shared to me.
IMG_9651.png

This want to be missed your racing posts.
I haven’t done a good job this season I admit. But it’s been real good tight racing all season. Everything’s come together pretty good over here.

View attachment 1522360

What weight is your setup at now?
Mid season I checked and it was 3262 with 6 gallons of fuel, less driver, now at 3240 now with the steel hood and hinges still. With the glass hood and lightweight hinges it’s going to be 3200-3205 less driver with the fuel.

Replacing the stock hood & grill supports with aluminum and headlight pots/bulbs removed was good for 11lbs off
IMG_3855.png

Always thought you have a great looking 64. Good luck on your runs.

Very "cool eh" indeed!
Hey, is that a hockey puck I see on that control arm?

Well gang, it’s time to go have some fun racing again this weekend and then that’s another season in the books for this cat. Weather looks to be good all weekend to boot. This winter will be engine freshen up time and I’m looking forward to that. I’m also installing a shorter 3” scoop on a glass hood this off season. There’s a target weight of 3200 Lbs in mind, full tank and less driver, which I’m going to make.
Load up time..

Off the hoist and ready to load up. Haven’t been posting much this season but there’s been lots of tinkering going on.
View attachment 1522337

A different look up front. Been in the works awhile.
View attachment 1522338

View attachment 1522339

Last race day, 3rd round. Car launched both hard upward and hard to the right. Came down hard and off the track surface. Gathered it up and straightened out ok but with the steering now pulling to the left the race was over. I suspected that the run might go bad when I saw who was making a pass directly in front of me. In any event, had the front end apart for inspection, some parts, some repairs and back in alignment. Good to go this weekend.
View attachment 1522340

This was a picture that someone had taken during a previous race day this season. It’s the drive up to the staging lanes. It was shared to me.
View attachment 1522343
If I din't know any better, I'd say that looks like a hockey puck bolted to the lower control arm?

If I din't know any better, I'd say that looks like a hockey puck bolted to the lower control arm?
This car is gorgeous and at good weight being for what it looks to be as a full interior ride. A glass hood and lower height scoop should get you to your objective. I love the '64 race Hemi front end look. Yes those bulb pots and the metal around them weigh a pretty penny for what they are. Good luck over the weekend.

Very "cool eh" indeed!
Hey, is that a hockey puck I see on that control arm?
Yep, hockey pucks. If you’re coming down hard, bolt on a set and save the oil pan.

Yes, they work like a damn. Firm quiet landing and the oil pan hasn’t smacked since they went on.

I thought you car couldn't get any better well I was wrong. It continues to get better all the time. Keep us updated on the engine up grades. Have fun and be safe

Day 1 in the books. A good day racing. Went 5 rounds in total. Some better shots to follow. Some nice wheels up shots
Looking forward to Day 2 tomorrow.

IMG_9686.jpeg

IMG_3857.jpeg

Nothing but blue sky from the driver seat. Glad it was a good day. Tomorrow will be even better.

Yes, there was lots of blue sky from the windshield. The car was getting pretty high off the launch. Also went 9.97 so I was dialling 10.00 and working the stripe.

Weather is shaping up really good for today so we will see what happens
Nothing but blue sky from the driver seat. Glad it was a good day. Tomorrow will be even better.

looking good Malex . Not sure my 68 will ever see that lite weight . The World block isnt helping . Good luck with day 2 .

Tex

Auto Transport Service
Back