• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

End of another season.

looking good Malex . Not sure my 68 will ever see that lite weight . The World block isnt helping . Good luck with day 2 .

Tex
I think that world block of yours is well worth it’s weight!
Day 2 was a 10.02, 10.05 and a 10.03 in 3 test passes. Went into round 1, checked the weather and data, dialled a 10.02 But. Could not run my number, I was way off and that was it for the day. All good though, that’s racing, most of the group around me all went out the same way - nowhere near their dial. Crazy weather change, All in all, a great weekend. Pumped for 2024! Hope to get some racing pics of the weekend to post up soon.

Day 2 was a 10.02, 10.05 and a 10.03 in 3 test passes. Went into round 1, checked the weather and data, dialled a 10.02 But. Could not run my number, I was way off and that was it for the day. All good though, that’s racing, most of the group around me all went out the same way - nowhere near their dial. Crazy weather change, All in all, a great weekend. Pumped for 2024! Hope to get some racing pics of the weekend to post up soon.
Watched you both days. Never have seen that many reds since the first race of 1967. But I did miss a lot of races tbough.

Last edited:
Watched you both days. Never have seen that many reds since the first race of 1967. But I did miss a lot of races through.
Yes lots. I had one myself, a -.004 followed by a 9.974 on the same run. But I bought into the jackpot and went to the semi final, was close.

Malex ,
yes extra 90lbs but a more consistant HP and a lot less drop off when over 190F . I find those days where car does not run to indicated weather frustrating as all get out .
I am off on a 11 hr haul to Mildura for the new National Drag Racing Championship round 3 on Friday . 1/8 mile racing , weather should be 30-32 deg C Saturday Sunday .
Check livedragracing.com there might be a link to the livestream .

Tex

Malex ,
yes extra 90lbs but a more consistant HP and a lot less drop off when over 190F . I find those days where car does not run to indicated weather frustrating as all get out .
I am off on a 11 hr haul to Mildura for the new National Drag Racing Championship round 3 on Friday . 1/8 mile racing , weather should be 30-32 deg C Saturday Sunday .
Check livedragracing.com there might be a link to the livestream .

Tex
That’s very interesting about the drop off at high temp, I’ve never heard that before. A better block is an upgrade that I could see happening at some point. During the winter freshen it may become time once things are in full view. But. Best of luck on your upcoming event Tex. Quite a trek and pretty warm too.

That’s very interesting about the drop off at high temp, I’ve never heard that before. A better block is an upgrade that I could see happening at some point. During the winter freshen it may become time once things are in full view. But. Best of luck on your upcoming event Tex. Quite a trek and pretty warm too.
Malex ,
with my stock block 440 and 505 above about 185/190F water power(ET) would drop off , would always try to be 160/170 into water box . With this World block it actually is better going into water box @ 170/180 and even hot lapping @ 195 doesnt lose much if any et .
And yes spring has sprung down here . though the 30s C are a bit warmer than expected , normally low mid 20sC at this time of year .
We have long treks between tracks , in October Im off to Benaraby in North Queensland about 16 hrs . A mate run at Springmount way up north Queensland it was 3 days drive .

Tex

Your car looks great as always. Watch those wheelies with no bars. Whompin Wedge put a real hurt on his car a couple weeks ago at Norwalk. Got the oil pan, diaper, bent the frame rails, closed the door/fender gap and messed up the new paint. And that was just a quick inspection. There may be more. The weather this year has been a challenge. Almost everytime out we've had a varying wind. Sometimes a 9 mph swing in a minute. Sometimes a 180 degree change in a minute. The ones that are really tough is when your ET changes significantly and you find no reason. Happened to me 2 Fridays ago. Ran 9.130 then 9.120 in qualifying. With almost the identical weather in rd 1. By rules had to dial a .10 under your quickest Q pass. Removed 125 lbs of ballast. Should've run 9.01-9.02. Same water, engine oil temp, trans temp. It didn't spin, correct shift points, good mph, ran 9.07. Our season has another month.
Doug

20230827_124938.jpg

20230827_124930.jpg

20230827_124920.jpg

Your car looks great as always. Watch those wheelies with no bars. Whompin Wedge put a real hurt on his car a couple weeks ago at Norwalk. Got the oil pan, diaper, bent the frame rails, closed the door/fender gap and messed up the new paint. And that was just a quick inspection. There may be more. The weather this year has been a challenge. Almost everytime out we've had a varying wind. Sometimes a 9 mph swing in a minute. Sometimes a 180 degree change in a minute. The ones that are really tough is when your ET changes significantly and you find no reason. Happened to me 2 Fridays ago. Ran 9.130 then 9.120 in qualifying. With almost the identical weather in rd 1. By rules had to dial a .10 under your quickest Q pass. Removed 125 lbs of ballast. Should've run 9.01-9.02. Same water, engine oil temp, trans temp. It didn't spin, correct shift points, good mph, ran 9.07. Our season has another month.
Doug

View attachment 1523952

View attachment 1523953

View attachment 1523954

Thanks for the reminder and the pictures drive home the point. Lots of damage there. Frame rails too. Not good. And in my case, no cage or front bars, frame rails got to handle the full brunt.

My buddy who pits beside me with a 64 hardtop, he’s been getting up high too. I looked under his car on the weekend and saw a crunched oil pan. I said to him wow your oil pan took some good hits. He said yeah but we fixed it up when the motor was out over the winter. I said, better take another look. Think he needs some hockey pucks. Lol.

Yeah, that weather. Been keeping all the data and it’s been helping lots for my dialling. Then bang, can’t get nowhere near the number and into the trailer. And I figured I was pushing my opponent to a breakout when I wasn’t catching him over the stripe. His light came on - shock.

A number of weeks back a friend was down in Wisconsin (I think he said it was) and took in an event. He was telling me about this magnificent Plymouth like mine. I said, yup I know who that would be. LOL. I told him next time to go over and say hi.

As mentioned, here’s some pics from the weekend. Buddy Richard takes photo’s at numerous racing events and we’re lucky to have him attending all of our meets. He makes prints when requested too.

IMG_3881.jpeg
IMG_3880.jpeg
IMG_3878.jpeg
IMG_3877.jpeg
IMG_3875.jpeg

Malex to bad you and DVW live so far apart, a best 2 out of 3 match race. :thumbsup::lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back