• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine mounts

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
Who makes a good set of engine mounts? What have you used?

Thanks

Schumacher interlockers. None better for my needs. Smooth and durable as I have tried to break them with the force of a mighty Mopar.

Dynatech lock mount driver side, OEM rubber passenger (cuts down engine vibration), rubber tranny mount. No issues on a big stroker.

Dynatech lock mount driver side, OEM rubber passenger (cuts down engine vibration), rubber tranny mount. No issues on a big stroker.

Dynatech, are they the same people that makes the "Mighty mounts"? They come complete, ready to bolt in? Also, are you saying using one OE would be better? Sorry for the questions Prop or who ever answers. I'm looking for the best mounts to bolt my stroker in.

Thanks gang!

I have also used the Schumacher mounts on my 440 and my 340. The design has no vibration.

Dynatech, are they the same people that makes the "Mighty mounts"? They come complete, ready to bolt in? Also, are you saying using one OE would be better? Sorry for the questions Prop or who ever answers. I'm looking for the best mounts to bolt my stroker in.

Thanks gang!

I believe so Rod and they look pretty much identical to a stock mount. With that, yes they're ready to bolt in out of the box. I got some feedback from this site and a few others regarding engine vibration with with the lock style mounts. Lot of folks recommended going with a regular rubber mount on the passenger side to cut down the vibration. The motor torque's to the right anyways, so a majority of all the stress is on the driver side mount. Now that she's all up and running I can say the vibration is at the same level as if I was running OEM Rubber mounts all the way around. Happy with them. I couldn't find a site where I could buy just one mount, so that kinda stinks. Another good note is they come with a lifetime warranty. Just like these guys are saying, i've heard the Schumacher mounts are good as well

http://store.440source.com/Dynatech-Engine-Mounts-pair-New/productinfo/116-1000/

Hope it helps.

Thanks Propwash

Texpar,

Did you have any issues getting the Schumacher mounts to fit? I just put my motor in the Super Bee this past weekend and couldn't get the driver side mount to fit properly, couldn't get that little guide stud seated properly in the Kframe mount. I'm using the rubber mount on the passenger side and noticed there was a slight size difference between the rubber mount compared to the poly mount. The instructions say the mount's adjustable; is it the biscuit that's adjustable or the bracket that mounts to the motor? Alternatively, could I just buzz that guide stud off the mount?

I have also used the Schumacher mounts on my 440 and my 340. The design has no vibration.

Auto Transport Service
Back