• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine offset replication?

Donny

Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
On the old war wagon Mopar A, B, C, and E bodies, the motors sat about 3 inches over off-center towards the passenger side. On the new Hemi swap into any of these cars, does the new Hemi also sit off-center? I'm going to hack a large section out of my Trans tunnel on my Satellite to accomodate the new accompanying transmission. The system I acquired already has the new Oil Pan, and E Body motor mounts. I don't know if they are the same with B Body mounts. My learning curve will be fast and steep on this. Target car is my Satellite.

Transmission tunnel and rear end are also offset.

I don't know if the new-gen cars have the same offset, but with your car, the drivetrain offset is determined by the offset in the rear-end, so you can't really change it...

My question was poorly worded. When one installs these new Hemi's in the older cars, do the motor mount adapters to make the Hemi fit on a K member accomodate this offset? I know the 8.75 rear end has this definite offset, wondering if this is also built-in? Thanks.

If you use TTI engine mounts and the factory style insulators, the engine will be located in the correct position in/on the k frame.

I need to know what I 'got' in this package deal. As I said, I'm very ignorant of this system. LX guy, bring a few Doors down, comb over my system, I'll blast 'em for ya, translate what I got, what I need, etc.

I just went to see your engine and it has the Street & Performance engine mounts with the factory style insulators. Those will also put your engine in the right location on the k frame. After you bolt the engine in, the trans will line up if using a 727. Now if your using a 545rfe or the NAG1, your going to be doing some tunnel mods and cross member fabbing. All will be fine, did mine with the 545rfe, and had ZERO vibrations.

I don't know what a 545 and NAG1 is, other than Transmissions. I was told the Transmission I have came out of a truck, and the Engine out of a 2006 300, or Charger. So, is this a NAG1 or 545?

I don't know what a 545 and NAG1 is, other than Transmissions. I was told the Transmission I have came out of a truck, and the Engine out of a 2006 300, or Charger. So, is this a NAG1 or 545?

Which one does it look like?

conversion20transmission_zps36225335.jpg

Donny, you have the 545rfe transmission.

Mine looks like the one on the right, the left is a 727 and the middle is the one in the Challenger/Charger, right?

Middle is a NAG1.

I look fwd to fabricating the Satellite up to hold this Engine/Transmission. I'll be removing the Radiator Upper and Lower Cross member and slide the entire assembly 'back' into the engine bay while it's on the Chassis Table.

I did the same, but I don't have a frame table so yours should be really easy.

Don't say that out loud.......we'd miss ya!

So how long before the surgery starts?

Auto Transport Service
Back