• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Rebuilder - Northern Ohio

jimkf

Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
So, the 383 in my 70 Coronet wagon decided to start making noises not common to a running engine last night. Given the large oil puddle under the engine - not there when I started the car earlier, and the vibration present at idle and under load tells me something important is loose inside. With 132k on the engine, I think it's time for some serious service. With all that said, has anyone had any experience - good or bad - with any engine rebuilder in or around northern Ohio? I'm not looking for a performance rebuild, just done to stock config. Your opinion is valued. Thanks!

Your going to get better quality even on a stock rebuild if you use a reputable performance shop. There’s a place in Fremont that is suppose to do good work. Level performance. I haven’t used them for anything yet but I know people seem to speak highly of them.

My dad had a 383 rebuilt by Seme & Son, E260th in Euclid. He's happy with their work and plans to use them again

Jeff @ Gardener Racing Engines just east of Cleveland in Clairidon Twp. and Griff's Engine & Dyno west of Cleveland in Sandusky, Seme & Son, Victory Engines both in Cleve. area. Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back