• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine stalling on heavy accelerations

Lots of bounce on your fuel pressure gauge. Looking it up, the Sniper needs 50-60 lbs.
Looks like your needle at idle is right there bouncing on the low side. What happens when you rev. it, looking at the gauge?
I assume your regulator is right at the carb, behind the gauge?
Also, I would expect the liquid gauge to be dampening the readings a tiny bit, so you are probably well below 50 when the injectors are pulsing, even at idle.

(Just noticed that this is a few month old post. Where you able to fix it? Just curious.)

Last edited:
if you really want to keep the tunnel and street drive it, maybe you need to fabricate some sheetmetal baffles and install them in the intake reducing plenum volume and increasing air velocity.
Was thinking the same. Some sort or plenum stuffer. I’d look in the tank first

Yeah basically it’s 2 issues before and after acceleration, which happens either one of them or both, bogs before acceleration when I hit the pedal and stalls after I release the pedal. As I said it might be only first or only second issue or both. Now I went through EFI setup and found out that my throttle blades was not adjusted properly. Will give it a try later, but I doubt that’s the issue since that exact problem was on carburetors as well. If only they were also not properly tuned. I live in Cyprus, so no way to find anyone good with carbs.
I didn't notice that you mentioned you had the same issue with carbs when I commented on the EFI fuel pressure bouncing. Sorry!

Auto Transport Service
Back