• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine vibes and is underpowered

It sounds like you found the problem. Poor connections like that may still produce spark but sometimes weaker which would make it run great at low speed and idle and then when the cylinder is loaded it could blow the spark out (essentially) and cause it to completely miss. It is amazing how much that 1 cylinder can do.

good luck and keep us posted on the result.

PS.

I HIGHLY recommend replacing the whole set of wires immediately.

It sounds like you found the problem. Poor connections like that may still produce spark but sometimes weaker which would make it run great at low speed and idle and then when the cylinder is loaded it could blow the spark out (essentially) and cause it to completely miss. It is amazing how much that 1 cylinder can do.

good luck and keep us posted on the result.

PS.

I HIGHLY recommend replacing the whole set of wires immediately.

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty amazing what one loose wire can do. Those wires were all cut brand new for this engine, and being just loose enough to not make a complete connection had that thing kentucky fried and corroded in no time. I went through every single other wire out of sheer terror and being a little obsessive and they all looked out of the box brand new except that one. Shame really. lol.

The roads this morning were still a little wet from last nights rain, so it's not a good basis of comparrison, but I had a hard time getting out of the neighborhood. My tire (yes, one tire, the open rear diff is next on my list once I save up again... lol) was spinning near out of control on the wet pavement. I'll open her up on the back country roads on the way home though and post on how big a grin is plastered on my face if any. lol.

Well, everything is as right as rain with my baby! Thank you all very much everyone for your help, I really appreaciate it. She's back to beautiful and now I'm juts trying to fine tune the timing, more difficult than I would have guessed! Lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back