• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Equifax Breach Affected Me and You

I with you on this one. If cash will not buy it who really needs it. Just give someone the ability to live outside their means.
"I implore You to not be tempted by the offerings of this evil den of vipers"
Andrew Jackson on bankers.
credit=debt=slavery

Just before this occurred I saw several ads for one of the three offering a protection service for a monthly fee.

Really? You want me to pay extra to make sure you do your job? CAPITAL B, CAPITAL S.

This should be a HUGE wake up call for anyone including big business and government who is trying to move away from cash.

Just before this occurred I saw several ads for one of the three offering a protection service for a monthly fee.

Really? You want me to pay extra to make sure you do your job? CAPITAL B, CAPITAL S.

This should be a HUGE wake up call for anyone including big business and government who is trying to move away from cash.

The reason for a cashless society is government control. No underground economy to avoid taxes. Bet there's 10 other reasons.

The reason for a cashless society is government control. No underground economy to avoid taxes. Bet there's 10 other reasons.
Yeah, like shutting off One's credits, bit coins or whatever, when one says or acts in a manner they don't like.

I bet they will.

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." Rahm Emanuel Feb 9, 2009
Something like 'agenda for control'?

I was affected by this also .......I have hear that even if you signed up for that Equifax protection you can still be included in a lawsuit is that true? Anywhere in print etc?

I was affected by this also .......I have hear that even if you signed up for that Equifax protection you can still be included in a lawsuit is that true? Anywhere in print etc?
Haven't seen it in print - but was watching a news program that interviewed the CT Attorney General and he said that's absolutely false that you can't take part in the class action if you sign up,for,the protection.

...and how about the recent ads for one of them to do "dark web" searches for your info.

...for a fee, of course.

What TOTAL BS.

If it was easy to find that info, then they're in dereliction of duty.

I'll try to find out more but Phillip DeFranco video said so much stink was raised over the issue of sign up for protection = opt out of class action they removed it and replaced with opt out within 30 days by snail mail.

*****UPDATE*****

I know, I'm a little late on posting this but here's an email I received after signing up for Trusted ID which is Equifax's free credit monitoring service.

newLogo.jpg

newLogoMob.jpg

20171016_tidp_FINAL_hero.png

20171016_tidp_FINAL_hero_mob.png

080817_spacerFixGmail.gif

Dear Roger,

On behalf of all of us here at Equifax, I want to express my sincere apology to you and anyone affected by our recent data breach. I can assure you that our number one priority going forward is taking care of you and giving you better control over access to your Equifax credit report.

We realize that you likely enrolled in TrustedID Premier reluctantly, and unfortunately it may not have been an easy process. At first we were not fully prepared for the volume of calls, visits to our website and emails received in response to the breach.

This is changing right now.

We have rapidly hired and trained more customer care agents and invested in our infrastructure to make sure that your experience with us moving forward is fast, easy and reliable. That is our pledge and my personal commitment to you.

I encourage you to review the information about your TrustedID Premier product below, and log in today to familiarize yourself with its features. We will provide you with additional information over the coming weeks to help you get the most out of your product and help you better protect your identity.

While it is under extremely unfortunate circumstances, we are glad you signed up for TrustedID Premier, and I promise to keep you updated on our progress making it the best it can be. We are grateful for the opportunity to demonstrate that we care about you, that we are committed to earning your trust and that we will continue to work with you to help better protect your personal information.

Sincerely,

Paulino R. Barros, Jr.
Interim Equifax CEO

How We Can Help

Your TrustedID Premier product provides a number of tools to help you better control access to your Equifax credit report and monitor your credit. In addition to the product highlights below, you may log in directly to your account for further information.

spacer_as.gif

spacer_as.gif

20171012_paulinoWelcome_exclamation_01.png

3-Bureau Credit File Monitoring
Once your TrustedID Premier account was activated, we started monitoring your credit files across Equifax®, Experian® and TransUnion®. We will alert you if changes occur such as a new account added to your credit file or someone accessing your credit file.

spacer_as.gif

spacer_as.gif

20171012_paulinoWelcome_lock_01.png

Ability to Lock and Unlock your Equifax Credit Report
Locking your credit report restricts access to your credit file by third parties, with certain exceptions.1 You can then unlock it when you are going to apply for a new line of credit, such as a car loan, mortgage or new credit card.

spacer_as.gif

spacer_as.gif

20171012_paulinoWelcome_shield_01.png

$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
You are covered by up to $1 million in ID theft insurance. This helps pay for certain out-of-pocket expenses in the event you are a victim of identity theft.2

spacer_as.gif

spacer_as.gif

Log in to your TrustedID Premier account today to learn more about your product and view your Dashboard.

1 Locking your credit file with Equifax Credit Report Control will prevent access to your Equifax credit file by certain third parties, such as credit grantors or other companies and agencies. Credit Report Control will not prevent access to your credit file at any other credit reporting agency, and will not prevent access to your Equifax credit file by companies like Equifax Global Consumer Solutions which provide you with access to your credit report or credit score or monitor your credit file; Federal, state and local government agencies; companies reviewing your application for employment; companies that have a current account or relationship with you, and collection agencies acting on behalf of those whom you owe; for fraud detection and prevention purposes; and companies that wish to make pre-approved offers of credit or insurance to you. To opt out of such pre-approved offers, visit www.optoutprescreen.com.

2 Identity theft insurance underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida or its affiliates. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.

Equifax® is a registered trademark and TrustedID Premier is a trademark of Equifax Inc.

© 2017, Equifax Inc., Atlanta, Georgia. All rights reserved.
Equifax Global Consumer Solutions PO Box 105496 Atlanta, GA, 30348

open.aspx

I locked mine a good while back.....

Auto Transport Service
Back