• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Etiquette Question

Black_Sheep

Super Commando
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
Sunday evening we went out to dinner with another couple and ordered truffle fries for an appetizer. Ben has a habit of double dipping, he would dip his fries in a shared bowl of catsup, take a bite and dip it into the catsup again. He does the same thing with chips and salsa at our favorite Mexican joint as well as many other settings. When I mentioned it to my wife on the ride home she thought I was making a mountain out of a molehill.

I think it’s disgusting, what say you?

Of course it's not right, next time ask the server for several bowls of ketchup.

Last edited:
42f8882498fb481191fe69a4482061c4.jpg

Next time.... before anyone starts, take a portion of the ketchup/salsa whatever, and place it on your plate. And do it in an outright obvious, demonstrative manner. Then immediately take a chip/frie, dip it, eat it... again in a clearly obvious manner. Not a word need spoken. (If you'd rather do the Brooklyn method, pick up the bowl, lick some ketchup from it as you then eat the chip/frie... )

Of course it's not right, next time ask the server for several bowls of ketchup.
You beat me to it but that is exactly what needs to be done. Plus I have never been to an establishment that wouldn't honor that request. Next time ask for the extra servings for individual use...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I just got COVID last Friday. You want me double dipping?

Don't make a big deal about it, but just ask for another bowl for his personal dipping pleasure. Forcing someone, or calling them out on it, doesn't seem quite right, unless you can do it in a way that won't make them feel embarrassed. In terms of germs, let's not kid ourselves, we're exposed to their germs in so many other ways, than the double-dipping.

Hmm, Ben’s wife might have said something, I know mine would have, lol. Close friends? Can’t think of anyone I’m close with where I wouldn’t have said something like, “Hey dude, get your own sauce if ya want to double-dip.” Otherwise yeah, I’d ask the waitress to bring me another helping of dipping sauce..

Auto Transport Service
Back