• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Etiquette Question

It's not the best habit. Took years. And multiple electric shock therapy. But I was cured.

My lady can scoop what I call "Scoop and poop." She can get half the bowl of salsa on one chip! I then purposely double dip. It's kinda a game now.

Like chewing with your mouth open or speaking with food in your mouth.
I believe it's self awareness.
You either have it or you don't ... imho

I then purposely double dip. It's kinda a game now.
Alone with your significant other .... totally different situation, game on!

Like chewing with your mouth open or speaking with food in your mouth.
I believe it's self awareness.
You either have it or you don't ... imho

Alone with your significant other .... totally different situation, game on!
True.

I got to ask, have none of you guys passed a 5th around ?
I'm feeling pretty crude right now :rofl:

For me it's not the germs but rather the thought of somebody else's chewed up bits of leftovers that is just plain skeevy!

Part of the problem is if you address the issue verbally now he's just going to say "you never had a problem with it before".

And while not condoning this, its hard to break habits you have at home - my wife has to remind all the time in restaurants not to put my hand down my pants to scratch my nuts.

Completely disrespectful to others, serve your own portion of dip and stuff your face if you want it, agree with the Seinfeld reference.

IMG_5169.gif
IMG_5170.gif

I used to own a restaurant. It was customary to place at least two bowls
of salsa on the table with party of 4.
Every table had a full bottle of ketchup.
Sounds to me the proprietor is being
rather cheap with his condiments.
Double dipping....not a good practice.
I would have asked the waitress to
please bring another bowl or two.

What kind of eatery doesn't bring out a few small plates for multiple people with an appetizer? Plus, do they think it is fancy to squirt a bunch of Hunts into a bowl instead of just bringing a squirt bottle out?
If the guy is known to do it just ask for extra dip for whatever. It's a bad habit but he obviously enjoys his food that way, work around it.

Catsup is a new word for me. I've never heard it before.

I had to look at the Google to see what it was. She said "Both words (catsup and ketchup) are derived from the Chinese word ke-tsiap".

Here we say tomato sauce. Good for chip sandwiches.

Double-dipping is a no no. Ask for more tom sauce.

images-21.jpeg

images-20.jpeg

I don’t see why he couldn’t take his buddy aside and politely ask him to not do it or to ask for a second bowl of dipping sauce. He may not even be aware he is double dipping. If he is any kind of a friend he will understand. Kim

Next time he goes to do it just slap it out of his hand when he goes for the second dip and stare him right in the eye without saying anything. Got to assert dominance.

I don’t see why he couldn’t take his buddy aside and politely ask him to not do it or to ask for a second bowl of dipping sauce. He may not even be aware he is double dipping. If he is any kind of a friend he will understand. Kim
I didn’t want to embarrass him or create an awkward situation…

Yeah that’s a no go. Id probably just ask for my own portions if no one else seemed to care.

Funny that one Sienfield episode is the first thing I thought of.

Auto Transport Service
Back