• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Even the Lowly 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 2Dr HT is rising in Value according to Hagerty Insurance

69 Sleeper Bee

Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Got this email from my car insurance provider "Hagerty" today
When I bought the car 1 1/2 years ago I was upside down 10K according to their evaluation from what I paid for it, but because it was in such good condition I worked with them and sent pictures and they agreed to have the "Agreed Coverage" at 25K which is more than what I paid to cover myself. Well now I am feeling even better about the value now.

1660245294122.png

IMG_2678.JPG

1 of 2,532 built with 383 2bbl - 727 both #'s matching to this car.
IMG_2500.JPG

Yes I know the air cleaner is not period correct but it is the only one I could get to fit under the hood with the Edelbrock Performer 383 and phenolic spacer.
Bucket seats and center console out of what I believe to be out of a 78-79 Aspen R/T or Volare Roadrunner.
ezgif-2-b52582c15f06.jpg

Wish I had mine back. Just a 318 auto but a near perfect car.

Hagerty sent me a notice about my CJ-5
They said the value went from 30thousand to 36 thousand
Do you believe that, its crazy
30k more then I paid for it
They didn't say anything about my 72 charger

Very nice!! I really like Coronets, period!!

I just went and looked at a very nice '65 Comet....and I mean it was nice. Some very, very minor flaws, but 15K was the ask. If I wasn't "Mopar-to-the-bone" it'd be in my driveway...
What does that get you in our world (aside from getting REALLY lucky??) Yeah...a pile of crap with a "cool" fender tag or VIN number?
I'm really staring to feel like the car world is just laughing at us Mopar guys and calling us the supreme suckers of the universe...and I'm getting the feeling they might be right...

I got a couple emails recently from Hagerty saying 2 of my cars were undervalued. My Magnum GT they said was worth $24K instead of $20K, and my 71 V code Challenger $103K instead of $95K.
I called my agent this morning and said I wanted to increase my coverage. She put me on hold, then came back after talking to Hagerty and they said they‘d raise the ‘71 but not the Magnum.
WTH. They say it’s underinsured, then say it’s not?
Then there was the Hagerty article recently on them where it said top Magnums were well into the 30s.
Maybe they should get their stories aligned?

Last edited:
Don't want to throw in a wrench here; but Hagerty tells ya to increase the value and they collect more premium. I've had Hagerty for 20 years and never heard a thing bad about them. Maybe all straight - just pondering..

If you have multiple cars with them, it seems like they base their rates mostly on the most valuable car you have.
When I got the Magnum last year they added it to my policy for $25!

If you have multiple cars with them, it seems like they base their rates mostly on the most valuable car you have.
When I got the Magnum last year they added it to my policy for $25!
Heck! Only thing better is free, lol.

The car probably wouldn’t be repairable if damaged in an accident due to no parts available. I’d just like to insure it to cover my loss if that happened and would gladly pay more for it‘s insurance.
They said if I could find some comp sales they‘d raise it.
I‘ve only seen a couple nice ones listed for sale in the last 5 years. Hard to find comps for a unicorn!

Don't want to throw in a wrench here; but Hagerty tells ya to increase the value and they collect more premium. I've had Hagerty for 20 years and never heard a thing bad about them. Maybe all straight - just pondering..
I did think that same thing as a possible reason as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back