• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever increasing threat of home invasion, so I bought:

There has always been violence between humans.
Weve just come up with much more efficient ways to harm one another.

Also, if the only thing keeping you on the straight and narrow is the threat of divine retribution, you are already morally bankrupt.

But guns are only effective if you are there at home.
I also have 4 security cameras that record video that is kept locally on a HDD, but more importantly also kept remotely, so if the HDD is damaged or stolen the video record is intact. I can see my cameras video live from anywhere in the world that has InterWeb connectivity.
My 3 Lab mixes don't take kindly to strangers, range from 58 to 90 pounds, and would tear new asses into anyone that intruded. Having said that, my dogs are beloved to me, and I would not want them harmed by a would be intruder(s).
I have found a good camera system is a great deterrent to crime because one of the first things police ask for is a description of the perpetrator(s). My response is "disc or flash drive"?
I don't expect problems where I live, one of the reasons why I love my community. BUT if criminals come, it is they who have trouble to face, not me.
I REALLY enjoy firing my weapons as well. My wife and I have friendly competition for accuracy, and it is something else we can get out and enjoy doing together. I carry in my vehicles as well because it's more likely for me to have problems "out there" than at home.

Also, if the only thing keeping you on the straight and narrow is the threat of divine retribution, you are already morally bankrupt.

What the hell is that suppose to mean?
Are you saying anybody who follows the ten commandments is morally bankrupt?
I follow God's law, then all others.

It means that if the reason you follow a religion is because you are afraid of negative repercussions in an afterlife, you are already doomed.

Folks should treat each other kindly, because that's the right thing to do, not because you are afraid of "god".

It means that if the reason you follow a religion is because you are afraid of negative repercussions in an afterlife, you are already doomed.

Folks should treat each other kindly, because that's the right thing to do, not because you are afraid of "god".
Yes, it is the right thing to do. Reference to God does explain responses thus far.

For the most part yes. Aside from drinking a few.
Fear God, tell the truth, don't steal cheat or kill. No false idols, No jealousy. That's the basics, anybody who follows those doesn't shoot schools up or steal from their neighbor.

Those in schools (like me, my wife and others in my family) are now waiting for their federally issued firearm and training. What types should I request? I already have my own for hunting, but getting one designed for other purposes and a bonus on top of it, on everyone's tax dollars will be the bomb. But having friends shot by a shooter, like we have first hand experience is no fun at all. It is life changing. The system we have is broke and needs to be fixed. The people who put in place the lax laws are the ones who have created the situation that has slowly, but surely been changing the minds of the silent majority. I used to think nothing will happen. Now I think it is only a matter of time because those with guns can't keep them under control and the arguments they are making are no longer making sense.

Years ago I felt anger and frustration when just getting on an airplane became a mess because of a few crazy mental idiots.
How many millions take off their shoes today because of a shoe bomber?

It is sad and a tough pill to swallow that our kids will grow up with restrictions like getting on an aircraft to attend school. I see no alternative other than to move forward with lockdown admissions to class in grade school and high school.
Another life lesson for the world they will make their way in.:screwy:

Maybe universities will adopt/adapt as needed when loons attack them.

Those in schools (like me, my wife and others in my family) are now waiting for their federally issued firearm and training. What types should I request? I already have my own for hunting, but getting one designed for other purposes and a bonus on top of it, on everyone's tax dollars will be the bomb. But having friends shot by a shooter, like we have first hand experience is no fun at all. It is life changing. The system we have is broke and needs to be fixed. The people who put in place the lax laws are the ones who have created the situation that has slowly, but surely been changing the minds of the silent majority. I used to think nothing will happen. Now I think it is only a matter of time because those with guns can't keep them under control and the arguments they are making are no longer making sense.
Carry the weapon of your choice. Get an annual recertification. It's not lax laws. Current laws in place are not enforced. I will happily pay a premium to teachers who choose to do this. What do you suggest?

So figured what better place to bring up the idiots tuning in there guns because there responsible gun owners?
Really guys are you that stupid? If you are responsible you won't have any issues.... guns don't get up and say I'm going on a killing spree today!! By a responsible person giving his/her weapons up is just hindering them selves from protecting there family if needed. A criminal isn't going to jump on the ban wagon and say I'll give my illegal guns in because everyone else is doing it.....
This is very simple if you have guns and kids ,firstly teach the kid about the weapon take them shooting explain why it's there. Then lock it the hell up!!!! I had 3 kids staying with me why the parents were working bin buying a house one knew about guns and the dangers already the other too had no idea ! I took the time to teach them both , 9-11 year olds they now know and respect guns I left little test around the house by leaving a gun here or there (safe) and they didn't bother because they knew I would bet them see and hold any gun if they asked . We went shooting at the range these kids had more gun smarts then most of the people at the range.

Another problem is the parents no one takes the time to talk /explain/ teach anything to these kids.

If your capable to buy a gun and you have kids that might be to young to learn buy a lock box! It's cheap insurance! You can get one that fits a pistol or two for $20-40 (I buy these on black fri for family $20 each) my self I have 3-4 small lock boxs two huge gun safes my guns never go into unwanted hands. I even bought lock boxs for the cars they have a cable that gets bolted down somewhere and a decent little lock box! These things are cheap . If anyone has the need to be a responsible gun owner and surrender there weapons I'll send you the address of my ffl licencer I'll take in any unwanted gun ! If your a real responsible gun owner buy a lock box or two if you have kids around might save one ,and teach them about guns ! Don't hide it it's the worst thing you can do !

All religions are man made, Christianity is Christ made. All religions worship a fat statue, an animal, or a dead person. Christians worship a risen Christ .

I'm glad we support arming teachers. There are more than 3 million teachers. At $1000 a pop for guns, training, and bonuses for even 1/2 of them it will be 1.5 Billion dollars to the gun industry and training. We could use deputies, oh wait, they don't want to run into a shooting when the guy has an AK. Maybe we should use the military, they have been trained, have firearms and can deal with this. The republicans are caving on it. The arguments for guns are failing. They will stay, but the NRA has done them in by doing what it has done.

Does anyone remember what caused WW1? A bunch of countries built up arms trying to show everyone else up, and to protect their own countries. One guy gets shot, and millions fell. Apply this on a local level, and our schools become a war zone. Might as well just ship your kids over to Syria for summer vacation.

I'm all for people having guns, and also for safe schools. But more guns aren't the answer.

It’s all just 5 minutes of fame on radio/TV, yeah for me; very sick.

Does anyone remember what caused WW1? A bunch of countries built up arms trying to show everyone else up, and to protect their own countries. One guy gets shot, and millions fell. Apply this on a local level, and our schools become a war zone. Might as well just ship your kids over to Syria for summer vacation.

I'm all for people having guns, and also for safe schools. But more guns aren't the answer.
I don't remember and I don't follow.

Anyone running around blaming the NRA or the republicans for what some sicko did is just filled with blind hate and rage and has no real solution to stop this type of behavior.

Auto Transport Service
Back