• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust manifold mystery

Ranidart70

Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
Why would a pair of 72 exhaust manifolds from a charger have one side HP and the other side a non-hp log type.

the drivers side casting number is 3671595 and the pass side is 2899876. which show as both being for a 72 B-body.

would the factory put one HP manifold with a non-hp manifold. both appear original to the car.

The only answer I can guess is that someone replaced one, maybe due to a crack...

I think it would have been impossible for the factory to have installed the full exhaust system that way, from the factory.

I think it would have been impossible for the factory to have installed the full exhaust system that way, from the factory.
Indeed. Is the engine & exhaust system still in the car ? Look at the pipes coming off the manifolds.

Why would a pair of 72 exhaust manifolds from a charger have one side HP and the other side a non-hp log type.

the drivers side casting number is 3671595 and the pass side is 2899876. which show as both being for a 72 B-body.

would the factory put one HP manifold with a non-hp manifold. both appear original to the car.

I have owned 2 72 SEs (400 2BBL W-AC) built this way. sucks because the outlets are different size.

CAM00386.jpg CAM00387.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back