• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F78-14 Tires

1974ChargerSE

Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Is there any market for original F78-14 tires for spares in original Mopars for display? I have a couple used (with good tread) and one new F78-14 tire that are nice, hold air, and were correct original equipment on our Mopars (not for use for driving as they would be unsafe, but certainly do hold air and serve as period-correct spares)?

There is value in any usable part. Put them in a sale thread with say $50 each and see what happens. With the cost of shipping, you may have to almost give them away.

I would think there would be a market. I would have payed $50-$75 for a wheel and tire spare combo to mount in the trunk if I hadn't had the opportunity to grab a mint spare out of a survivor car my buddy purchased for my roadrunner. As said above, the shipping will kill someone and I would think there might be a better market at a swap meet like Carlisle, Mopar Nats, etc.....

1968-70 road runners got F70-14 tires then G70-14 in 1971

same here, I have at least 10 new 14 inch tires all polyester or bias cars early 70's tires. never been mounted, in various sizes. 8.25x14,8.55x14,g78,on and on.I bought a shop out in 1996, maybe 50 tires. these 10 are what is left.

Is there any market for original F78-14 tires for spares in original Mopars for display? I have a couple used (with good tread) and one new F78-14 tire that are nice, hold air, and were correct original equipment on our Mopars (not for use for driving as they would be unsafe, but certainly do hold air and serve as period-correct spares)?
Hi, curious what years do your f78-14 cover?

Auto Transport Service
Back