• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F8 Green paint code

andrewwoz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
My 69 super bee is (partly) f8 green and I am looking for a closer match than what I have found so far, if anyone has a code/manufacturer that they can confirm is close I would appreciate it!

I went to a local auto body supply and they found the code for that year but it is pretty far off, quite a bit darker and maybe a bit more brown/bronze? I also bought some new 2018 F8 green, I have read this is not a great match but figured I would try it, I'd say its closer than the old "F8" but its a bit lighter/slightly different green, kinda in between f5 and f8.

I tried messing around with gun pressure some and the results did vary slightly but nothing that produced a match.

My next step is taking the rear interior panel off and into the paint shop to try and better match it to the chips they have.

I should also say I'm a very novice painter so if theres something else with my technique to try let me know, both of these are about 3 coats of base and some quick rattle can clear.

IMG_7681.JPG
IMG_7683.JPG
IMG_7687.jpg
IMG_7689.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back