• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory A/C Compressor

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
Where is the best place to pick up a factory A/C and clutch, or have mine rebuilt???? / 70 / 383 Thanks !

I have one from a 74 small block Challenger if that’s of any interest to you.

Thanks car#4, I have my old one, I thought there may be someone that sells the reman or could rebuild mine. Good looking out though. Thanks

There is a place in Florida that rebuilds and restores old ac systems, the also sell the new vintage ac kits, classic auto air I believe is their name.

What would be the shipping on that thing? It weighs pretty heavily...

I have no idea on freight but if you send your lines in with to get converted for R134A I would put it on a pallet and ship truck freight possibly. The have a video of them rebuilding a RV2 compressor and they look very simple, I was on the fence about doing mine myself but buy the time I need parts.. is it worth it.

Classic Industries also sells re-man RV2 and associated parts.

Also be aware of an issue with the epr valve ( please correct my name terminology if wrong) when converting to R134A. I’m sorry I gave you the wrong name I think this is what your looking for.

0CF8ACB8-47ED-4C37-85DE-1E2DF0CD384A.png

Auto Transport Service
Back