• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

factory correct exhaust

Stucat

Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
Looking for who supplies a factory correct exhaust system for a 1970 Hemi Superbird? Thanks

I just installed a Gardner complete system on my Hemi Charger R/T last year. Quite happy with it. It was a toss up between them and Accurate. Accurate being on the left coast made their shipping quite pricey for me. Gardner is based in NY State.

Ecs all the way but not cheap. I have it on my RT and love it.

You want it factory correct.... or something that fits and works? ECS is the only game in town on correct!

Thanks and what doesn't cost $ on these babies.

You get what you pay for! I will say the hemi mufflers sound so nice, the fit was perfect.. I do understand price but that’s your call. I’m preparing for another system for my big block sport satellite .

When I was ordering the exhaust for my Charger I looked at ECS. Quality components for sure. However they did not list the resonators for the '69 hemi cars, so that didn't work for me. I just checked on their website now, and they still only list E body resonators.

F4R/T . I agree with u on price. I mean this hobby is getting up there in $ when the H word is used. . Look at the $ for paint supplies and that doesn't have the H word in it. You want factory correct looking parts it's going to cost, less demand and better quality. I also couldn't find the resonators for the Bird with a hemi either.

Here are some photos of the Gardner system installed on my Hemi Charger. I will say it fit better than the NOS system that I pieced together from Ma Mopar 40 years ago. Note, I did not use Gardner's tips as I still had a couple of NOS sets.

Stucat, I believe that this would be the same system for your Superbird, with the exception of the exhaust tips.

20220617_173853.jpg
20220617_173925.jpg
20220617_173946.jpg
20220617_174003.jpg

I am with u on the Gardner, as they have the resonators, and r about 4 hrs away from me. Shipping can be $500/600 form California? Not everybody has those resonators. Look good on your car. Yes I still have the original tips

Auto Transport Service
Back