• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory fan shroud with electric fan

RyanSchoen

Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am curious if anyone has retained their factory fan shroud and mounted an appropriately sized electric fan to the radiator? I know it may sound silly but i am trying to maintain somewhat of a factory appearance with my set up. My engine builder has strongly advised that i do not run a mechanical fan with my hemi. I would love to hear what people think.

Car is a 69 charger with a 572 hemi making approx 900hp

I was initially thinking about using a griffin set up with twin fans but then got to brainstorming and the idea of using a more factory looking Glen Ray set up with factory shroud came to mind.

Thanks everyone.

I run a mechanical 18 inch 7 blade fan with shroud, and a 16 inch electric fan on the other side of the radiator.

Remember it doesn't make 900hp at idle.

My street car is set up like that. Z28 Camaro fan inside the factory shroud. The racecar has a dual fan set-up out of a late model Charger. The two fans are built into their own shroud. This set-up is much better. Not to mention more clearance by the water pump. Take a trip to the local junkyard. Lots of good variations.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back