• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory Rims with modern tire sizes

JimKueneman

Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
On a '68 Coronet 500 I am starting to like the look of the factory hubcaps... I have been contemplating getting some redlines or something and keep the caps. Anyone have photos of the original 14" rims with a tire size that help get rid of that skinny tire look? What are the widest lowest profile tires that would work on the factory rims (I have not dismounted a tire yet, how wide are the factory rims? 5.5"?)

I like it. Who can afford redlines though?

Img_1177.jpg

225/70/14

You can also send you factory rims to various places and have them widened to whatever width you want. I sent some out and had them widened from 6" to 10" for the back. From a side view the car appears to have 6" rims on all four corners. Just a thought.

You can also send you factory rims to various places and have them widened to whatever width you want. I sent some out and had them widened from 6" to 10" for the back. From a side view the car appears to have 6" rims on all four corners. Just a thought.

I just realized that my car came with a second complete set of rims with the snow tires on them. That is a great idea

Oh my , no , that coronet NEEDS the 15 inch magnum 500's with RWL tires you spoke of in your thread. The 14 inch hubcaps just won't do that beauty justice

I used Weldcraft Wheels, but there are many places. I think Mopar Dude also provides this service.

Oh my , no , that coronet NEEDS the 15 inch magnum 500's with RWL tires you spoke of in your thread. The 14 inch hubcaps just won't do that beauty justice

Ha ha! Sound like my wife when I wanted to paint it white!

Maybe I can set up a go-fund-me account for donations to buy the magnums !

If you have a 66-67 coronet or belvedere you only want to put a 245 tire on it tho

If you have a 66-67 coronet or belvedere you only want to put a 245 tire on it tho

'68 Coronet. I will likely only put a 245 on it anyway. My understanding is the 265 can rub if the car is loaded down and you bottom the suspension.

'68 Coronet. I will likely only put a 245 on it anyway. My understanding is the 265 can rub if the car is loaded down and you bottom the suspension.

I have 68 charger with these in 17x9 and a 275/45/17 and they don't rub. Hell I could put more tire but I can't comment on a 68 coronet

Year one and cragars don't have as nice a finish in my opinion. Here are year ones my old phone has the cragars so you'd have to take my word on them.

IMG_1487.PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back